Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Event Base Surveillance Advisor
Job ID: 2022-4780
Employment Status Full-Time
Category: International Positions
- The Jhpiego Nigeria Country Office seeks a candidate for a full-time EBS Advisor position focused on carrying out a full range of complex epidemiologic and surveillance activities associated with event-based surveillance (EBS) systems and associated alert and response operations (ARO) at the Nigeria CDC. This position works 40 hours a week.
- The advisor will be hired by Jhpiego and assigned to the Connect Centre and/or Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) at NCDC headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
- This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting Nigeria’s public health.
- Support development and review of scripts and checklist for call agents
- Conduct routine surveillance using digital surveillance platforms, such as EIOS and TATAFO, to detect signals of unusual or unexpected events
- Support the Connect Centre/EOC in the verification of events
- Support the Connect Centre/EOC in outbreak investigation and response activities
- Register and log signals/events and their associated follow up actions into NCDC’s event management system (SITAware)
- Support the development and implementation of epidemic intelligence products, such as daily EBS reports, situation reports, maps, dashboards, and other data visualizations
- Monitor and evaluate uptake and performance of new and existing EBS technologies and products
- Liaise with NCDC surveillance staff supporting indicator-based surveillance (IBS) systems such as SORMAS
- Development of concepts and strategy/SOPs for subnational EBS deployment and implementation
- Development/improvement and standardization of training materials/SOPs/manual
- Support Jhpiego GHS programs
- Facilitate EBS learning and community of practice for Jhpiego regional EBS team
- Share routine advisory on EBS outbreak and response
- Carry out other tasks that may be assigned by the Director of Surveillance or the DG of NCDC
- Advanced Degree in Health Communications, Public Health, or related field, with at least 7-8 years of professional experience
- Strong skills in script writing, social media and prior experience working communications organizations or call centers
- Experience in designing and implementing health communications program
- Knowledge of digital disease surveillance platforms
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office products and Information Technology
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to interact and communicate well with a multi-disciplinary team
- Detail-oriented work ethics
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external partners, including international partners
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Excellent presentation skills and verbal and written communications skills.
- Previous experience working in INGO.
- Proficiency in word processing, Microsoft Office and data software.
- Ability to travel 25% of time.
Salary Range and Benefits
- Monthly Gross Salary Range: (NGN875,000 – NGN960,000)
- Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package including: medical and dental plans; paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; personal accident insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; life and disability insurance; travel insurance; education assistance plan and more.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.