CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT : 2301110
Specialist in Development of Collaboration Tools, Systematization of Processes and Development of Applications
Job Announcement : 17/Apr/2023
Date of cancellation of publication : 08/May/2023, 21:59:00
Organizational Unit : RLC
Type of position : Temporary work
Requisition Type: Consultants / PSAs (Personal Service Agreement Subscribers)
Grade Level: N/A
Main location : Chile-Santiago
Duration: 11 renewable months
Post Number : N/A
FAO strives for gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and international consultants, in order to best serve the Organization’s Member Nations in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of gender, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of underrepresented or unrepresented Member States and people with disabilities who possess the necessary qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- All persons working for FAO must comply with the highest standards of professional integrity and conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a zero tolerance policy for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The main mission of the Information Technology Unit of the FAO Regional Office is to ensure IT services in the national office of the Regional Office and in projects, in addition to maintaining, researching, developing, training and implementing cutting-edge products and services, aligned with corporate policies, in the field of information technology. In addition to reinforcing the introduction of improvements in practices and processes that are affected by technological changes. In this context and considering Digital Transformation in our organization, support is required in the systematization of processes and the development of tools to solve the needs of the Regional Office, country and project offices, in addition to promoting the use of collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams.
The Development Specialist in Collaboration Tools, Process Systematization and Application Development performs his functions under the direct supervision of the Information Technology Support Officer of the Regional Office under the guidelines of the Headquarters Digital and Computer Division.
Field of specialization
- Agile methodologies
- collaboration tools
- Microsoft Power Platform
- audiovisual systems
Tasks and responsibilities
The Collaboration Tools Development, Process Systematization and Application Development Specialist must perform the following functions:
- Provide instructions to users on existing technology and potential use (One Drive, Sharepoint, MS Teams, MS Office, Intranet, etc.)
- Work collaboratively with the development team and collaboration tools of CSI (Headquarters), forming a virtual and permanent exchange work team, promoting regional developments and looking for opportunities to adopt global developments, for their best use in the region.
- Provide support to the 24 decentralized offices and 2 liaison offices in the Latin American and Caribbean region in collaboration tools, process systematization, and application development.
- Identify development opportunities that allow providing solutions to the needs of the different regional streams and countries in the region.
- Tracking issues related to collaboration tools (SharePoint, MS Teams).
- Manage, design, develop, implement, and improve SharePoint sites to meet user needs.
- Develop efficient and easy-to-use solutions on the MS Power Platform – PowerApps, Power Automate (Flow) and Power BI.
- Provide pilot tests for applications and/or other tools.
- Update and improve applications and/or other tools based on testing and feedback from end users.
- Create documents and instructional videos for the developed applications.
CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED ACCORDING TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Technical or University degree in application development or related to Information Technology.
- Minimum 1 year in the design and implementation of solutions with Power Platform
- Advanced knowledge (level C) of Spanish and intermediate knowledge (level B) of English. For PSA only a C level language may be required.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results-based approach
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all, and integrity and transparency.
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, contact: Careers@fao.org.
- Applications received after the application submission deadline has expired will not be accepted.
- We inform you that FAO will only consider degrees or academic credentials obtained at an educational institution included in the World Database on Higher Education, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For information about other job opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/.
APPLYING If you would like to apply, go to the FAO recruitment website ( Jobs at FAO) and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered. We advise candidates to apply well in advance of the deadline. If you need help, contact: Careers@fao.org.
SMOKING IS PROHIBITED ON FAO PREMISES