Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Enterprise Development Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting to: FSL Program Manager
Proposed start date: June 2022
Job Categorty: Programmes – FSL
Level: Mid Level
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Enterprise Development Officer who will principally oversee the implementation of Livelihoods activities and administration of the teams across program field locations including managing a team of Enterprise Development Assistants towards the implementation of the income-generating activities/Livelihoods restoration component of the USAID BHA funded project in targeted IDPs and Host Communities in Monguno, Borno State.
- The post holder will directly carry out the field-level activities in the targeted communities under the supervision of the FSL Program Managers.
- Oversee detailed planning and support the implementation of all field level activities relating to income-generating activities/livelihoods restoration under the guidance of the FSL Program Manager;
- Work with community leaders and other relevant stakeholders to ensure that IGA beneficiaries are targeted through a set of criteria;
- Ensure accountability, fairness, and transparency in all activities related to IGA and livelihoods by ensuring community-level stakeholders (IDPs and host community members) are well informed and provide regular information through available channels;
- Facilitate in coordination with the M&E unit, data sourcing, and analysis with the aim of improving program approaches based on evidence;
- Support the FSL Program Manager to identify relevant agencies that can support the implementation of the livelihoods component of the BHA project;
- Support the FSL Programme Manager to carry out Market Assessment to determine feasible IGAs in the project locations;
- Contribute to the development of the project’s community mobilisation strategies for targeting and registration of beneficiaries;
- Develop and strengthen good linkages and coordination with local government stakeholders, government line agencies/ministries, related stakeholders, and service providers to ensure maximum support for the implementation of livelihoods activities in the target area of intervention;
- Conduct Vendors training and oversee the monitoring of vendors activities to ensure beneficiaries are not short-changed;
- Support the recruitment and training of Enterprise Development Assistants in collaboration with the FSL Program Manager;
- Identify training and development needs of Enterprise Development Assistants and propose and/or provide training, coaching, and mentoring as required;
- Undertake performance management activities such as one-to-one meetings and performance appraisals for Enterprise Development Assistants as required by HR.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Economic, Business Management, Entrepreneurship Development Studies, or any other related subject or equivalent field experience in Agribusiness;
- Previous experience in livelihood/IGA intervention;
- Minimum of 2 years experience working for an NGO/INGO in the humanitarian/ development context;
- Excellent team, budget and project management, and representation competencies;
- Previous experience with food security and livelihoods programming;
- Capacity to supervise a team;
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word);
- Willing and ability to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited;
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri, and English languages.
Starting Gross Basic Salary / Benefits
- NGN281,063 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
25th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.