Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist person on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria m 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, HIV and health extractives and governance, and peace building programming
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 5 years
- Location Borno
You will manage and provide technical oversight of the implementation of the Country Program’s (CP) multi-sectoral emergency response program in Borno State, ensuring effective systems and processes are in place that support high-quality programming that advances Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work in serving the poor and vulnerable. Your knowledge and skills in emergency programming and your management abilities will ensure the delivery of high-quality emergency programming that applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- In close collaboration with the Chief of Party – THRIVE, manage the planning, strategy and implementation of all emergency response and recovery activities in line with CRS quality standards, donor requirements, and national and international standards and ensure program components are implemented in an integrated manner with other ongoing CP programming, ensuring staff safety and security.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of emergency staff, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Promote MEAL and knowledge management by leading program/project reviews and reflections with staff and partner representatives and documentation of good practices and lessons learned for assessments, to adjust strategies and implementation plans, to inform future programming initiatives and approaches, and to contribute to organizational learning.
- Represent the organization and collaborate, coordinate and communicate on a regular basis with donors, INGO key sectoral working groups, the UN, and relevant local government and community actors to keep abreast of changing needs and opportunities on the ground, to develop synergies, and to identify opportunities for growth.
- Serve as the technical lead and technical writer to ensure quality emergency proposals per agency and donor standards. Contribute to budgeting and staffing plans and activities for proposals.
- Identify emergency capacity building needs for staff and partner organizations and take the lead on planning emergency training and capacity building programs and activities, developing curriculums, and delivering trainings.
- Ensure timely and appropriate project expenditures in line with financial plans and efficient use and stewardship of project material sources.
Required Languages – Fluency in English is required
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 20 %.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Program Managers, Grant Accountant, Community Liaison Officer
Key Working Relationships:
Internal – Chief of Party THRIVE, Deputy Country Representative (DCR) Programs, DCR Operations, Head of Office, Heads of Administration, Supply Chain, and Finance, Security Coordinator, Admin and Operations staff in Maiduguri and Abuja.
External – UN, coordination forums, NGO Forum, INSO, and BHA.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to make sound judgment and decisions with limited or incomplete information and offer innovative solutions.
- Strong representation and relationship management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally.
- Ability to work long hours in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities.
- Able to live in an environment where everyday comforts are not readily available.
- Ability to function well in a stressful environment, stay focused, and maintain sufficient work life balance with limited options for downtime activity.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to represent the organization at coordination meetings with donors, local government, UN, and other international NGOs.
- Experience with emergency proposals and strategy design. Familiarity with policies, procedures, and priorities of USAID, DFID, UN agencies and Caritas agencies preferred.
- Strong experience implementing market-based approaches in emergency programming
- Experience in building and motivating diverse and talented teams.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
- Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations or relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years of field-based work experience in a program/project management position with an international NGO, with preferably at least 2-3 years working in emergency response programming.
- Strong knowledge of emergency guidelines and standards.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Catholic Relief Services on crs.taleo.net to apply