The Dánes Refugee Council is one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, working in more than 40 countries to provide adequate assistance and protection to refugees, asylum seekers, internally displaced persons, returnees, people on the move and vulnerable local population / host communities. DRC is currently seeking an Economic Recovery Officer based at Carúpano headquarters, Sucre state.
DRC is managing its operations in Venezuela, under the direction of the country office in Caracas and three field offices located in the states of Sucre, Apure and Zulia. DRC Venezuela is implementing activities such as protection monitoring, legal assistance, individual protection assistance for PWSN, information sessions for PoC, prevention of human trafficking, rehabilitation of health and food security infrastructure.
Objective of the position:Under the supervision of the Leader of the Economic Recovery team, the distribution officer will support the operational implementation of the food security program in Carúpano under the DRC guidelines. It will be in charge of the correct implementation of activities in the field, related to the distribution of food, non-food aid and specialized kits. Additionally, it will support the Base Manager in identifying additional activities in the areas of interest. The Economic Recovery Officer will ensure that all activities of the action plan are carried out and all regulatory documents are compiled for the proper delivery of aid such as censuses, attendance lists, informed consent, delivery lists, among others.It will maintain good communication with team members and guarantee the good development of the personnel in their charge and will ensure compliance with the safety regulations of the Carúpano Base, also complying with the rules of the code of conduct and codes of coexistence.
- Implement food security management activities and others, supported by economic recovery assistants.
- It carries out the development of the project’s own activities such as the distribution of aid, the application of surveys, the development of workshops in the communities and the preparation of needs assessments.
- Track verification media and complete on-time deliveries based on plan indicated by national MEAL team
- Supports the base leader through the Economic Recovery Team Leader in identifying potential allies and implementing projects in the communities of interest.
- Implement complementary project activities as training, among others.
- Systematically coordinate with the protection team the operational support of activities in the territory.
- Guarantee the compilation of the MoVs required for the implementation of project activities.
- Prepare periodic POAs for the delivery of aid in accordance with the provisions of the base manager and the area management.
- Guarantee the protection approach in humanitarian assistance deliveries, in accordance with the guidelines established in the care protocols.
- Ensure the highest quality of food kit distribution activities, NFI’s, as well as emergency care in coordination with the organizations of the Local Coordination Team ( ELC ).
- Guarantee the adequate reception, classification, distribution and registration of humanitarian aid to the identified population.
- Other activities necessary for the correct implementation of the project.
- Comply with local safety regulations.
- Support the base chief in gathering contextual information on security issues.
- Minute development capacity during attendance at local coordination meetings.
Experiences and technical skills:
- Minimum 2 years of verifiable, relevant experience in humanitarian work related to an NGO or other non-profit organization.
- Experience of complex terrain and in the context of armed conflict.
- Work experience with urban, and / or rural, and / or indigenous communities.
- Excellent experience and ability to relate to people.
- Indispensable experience in emergency interventions and distribution of AHE, NFI´s, Food.
- Above average writing skills.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in managing databases.
University degree in relevant areas ( Nutrition, political science, law, international development, social work, psychology, human rights ) or equivalent professional qualification.
- The opportunity to belong to one of the best NGOs worldwide.
- Access to more than 1,000 free online trainings and certificates.
- Contract duration: according to budget availability.
- Salary: Band H.
- HCM insurance covered entirely by the organization.
- Start date: October 2023
Basic DRC Competences:
- Achieve excellence: focus on achieving results and ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaboration: involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Take the initiative: take possession and initiative while seeking innovation.
- Communicate: listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Integrity demonstration: act in accordance with the vision and values of DRC.
Application process: All applicants must upload a cover letter ( max. 1 page ) and an updated CV (max. 2 pages, without supports) in Spanish, on the DRC employment platform. Requests sent by email will not be considered.
Application closing date: Saturday, September 30 at 11:59 pm Local Time. Please note that applications will be continually reviewed and interviews will be planned as soon as a suitable candidate is identified. DRC reserves the right to close the vacancy before the deadline once a suitable candidate is identified.