The Dánes Refugee Council is one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, working in more than 40 countries to provide adequate assistance and protection to refugees, asylum seekers, internally displaced persons, returnees, people on the move and vulnerable local population / host communities. DRC is currently looking for an Economic Recovery assistant for Carúpano, Sucre state.
DRC is managing its operations in Venezuela, under the direction of the country office in Caracas and three field offices located in the states of Sucre, Apure and Zulia. DRC Venezuela is implementing activities such as protection monitoring, legal assistance, individual protection assistance for PWSN, information sessions for PoC, prevention of human trafficking, rehabilitation of health and food security infrastructure.
General description of the position: Support in activities related to the enlistment and distribution of food kits, non-food kits and all activities in the sector “ economic recovery ” that make the base, ensuring compliance with DRC procedures and guidelines.
- Receive requests for enlistment of the different kits to deliver in the communities.
- Guarantee the adequate distribution of aid in the communities assigned by the base manager together with the Economic Recovery Team Leader.
- Logistically support the preparation of activities in the communities.
- Obtain all the documents and supports of the delivery of aid, duly signed and validated.
- Make the relevant digital and physical file to safeguard the documents.
- Facilitate the carrying out of the community workshops or activities required by the program, in accordance with the identification of needs.
- Support needs assessments and surveys according to the request from the Base Manager.
- Ensure that the team has all the biosecurity, fleet and supplies elements required to carry out activities in the field.
- Make the permanent report of the team’s status to the base in Carúpano.
- Bring the activities and routes blog when it will be required by the Team Leader of economic recovery in articulation with the base manager.
- Ensure compliance with the quality technical lines indicated by the Caracas-based DRC National Economic Recovery Specialist, through the indications received by its direct boss ( Leader of Economic Recovery team. ).
- Support verification of item status, including expiration dates and input inventory.
- Participate in the joint verification of the goods and equipment purchased and verify the conformity of the articles with the technical specifications and the quantities
- Support in minor purchases, both at the base and in the communities.
DRC Safety and Code of Conduct:
- Inform the Base Head of security situations relevant to safeguarding the base staff.
- Promote and apply the DRC coexistence rules at the Carúpano base during office hours and during field visits.
- Promote and apply DRC safeguard mechanisms during field activities.
- Promote the use of the DRC MPQR mechanism during the economic recovery activities it assists.
- Maintains an attitude of camaraderie, kindness and respect towards the team.
Experience and Technical Competences:
- Professional with 1 year of relevant experience.
- Experience in delivery and administration of humanitarian aid.
- Inventory management and AHE distribution experience.
- Experience working in rural and hard-to-reach environments.
- Service vocation.
- Focus on detail, organization and prioritization.
- Knowledge and interest in the humanitarian sector.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel.
- The opportunity to belong to one of the best NGOs worldwide.
- Access to more than 1,000 free online trainings and certificates.
- Contract duration: according to budget availability.
- Salary: Band I.
- Collective HCM insurance only for the worker.
- Start date: October 2023.
Basic DRC Competences:
- Achieve excellence: focus on achieving results and ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaboration: involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Take the initiative: take possession and initiative while seeking innovation.
- Communicate: listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Integrity demonstration: act in accordance with the vision and values of DRC.
Application process: All applicants must upload a cover letter ( max. 1 page ) and an updated CV (max. 2 pages, without supports) in Spanish, on the DRC employment platform. Requests sent by email will not be considered.
Application closing date: Saturday, September 30 at 11:59 pm Local Time. Please note that applications will be continually reviewed and interviews will be planned as soon as a suitable candidate is identified. DRC reserves the right to close the vacancy before the deadline once a suitable candidate is identified.