Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Advisor, M&E and Analytics, Africa
Requisition ID: req14779
- Our Data, Informatics, and Analytical Solutions (DIAS) group is made of three portfolios that strengthen and harness digital and data ecosystems to accelerate development investments and outcomes: 1- Information Systems, 2- Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Analytics and 3- Digital Solutions and Transformation.
- Palladium’s Information Systems Portfolio is seeking a Technical Advisor, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and Analytics for the Data for Implementation (Data.FI) project.
- Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the HIV and COVID-19 response. Data.FI partners with programs to accelerate and sustain access to and use of high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance. By improving global, regional, national, and community/local in-depth analyses of HIV and COVID-19 epidemiologic and programmatic data, Data.FI expedites program achievements to improve client services and attain and sustain control of the epidemics.
- Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS), informing management responses to gaps in programming and sustaining impact by supporting local partner transition.
- The Technical Advisor, M&E and Analytics, Africa Region will provide technical backstopping and assistance to country teams on strategic information, analytics, and data visualization activities.
- The ideal candidate will be able to coach and mentor country teams in Africa to design and develop high-impact compelling information products.
You and Your Career:
- If you are an experienced global health professional with a proven track record of designing and developing data visualization products, have demonstrated capacity building and mentoring expertise, and an interest in using data to improve HIV and COVID-19 health outcomes, we are interested in hearing from you.
- We are a learning organization and provide growth opportunities from the start. We pride ourselves on giving you the freedom, resources, and guidance to chart a fulfilling career!
Reporting and Supervision:
- Reports to the Senior Technical Advisor, Measurement and Learning (Analytics)
- The position will entail up to 30% international travel to countries within the Africa region, dependent on funding and COVID-19 restrictions
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this position are to support M&E, data analytics, and data visualization design activities for HIV/AIDS, COVID-19, and global health programs. Specifically:
- Oversee and provide support for the design, planning and delivery of data analytic and visualization products, ensuring timely completion and working to a high technical standard
- Support country teams to provide in-depth analysis of data and develop high-quality dashboards and information products for key priority service delivery, health system, and logistics indicators related to HIV/AIDS, COVID-19, and other health programs (such as MNCH, FP, nutrition, and malaria)
- Provide training, mentoring and technical supervision to Data.FI local advisors and country teams (including FxTE and/or consultants) working on data visualization activities to:
- Identify and assess priority programmatic questions of interest for HIV/AIDS and COVID-19 programs
- Prioritize health program indicators, identify and map data sources, and develop visualization outlines, storyboards, and prototypes
- Design, develop, and review compelling data visualization products that aim to improve resource allocation and inform rapid corrective action
- Develop end-user training materials and technical documentation for business intelligence and visualization deliverables
- Use participatory and collaborative methods for engaging Ministry of Health, implementing partners, donor clients (e.g., USAID), and other stakeholders to understand information needs and requirements and solicit input, validation, and consensus
- Participate in communities of practice to share and develop strategies to integrate data analytic and visualization approaches and tools into Project activities
- Support internal efforts to build project staff capabilities in data visualization, including developing training materials, facilitating routine training sessions, providing direct training and coaching to teams, and helping to curate and manage a repository of data visualization tools and resources
- Under the supervision of Senior Technical Advisor, Analytics, work as part of a Data.FI team to identify, develop and document technical quality standards and guidance related to data visualization, dashboard, and other visual analytics
- Contribute to business development, strategy, and other corporate initiatives, as required.
Professional Expertise / Competencies Preferred
- Geospatial analysis skills and experience using statistical software (such as R, Python, Stata, SAS).
- Fluency in French.
- Detail-oriented and deadline-driven with strong organizational skills.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in team settings.
- Well-honed active listening skills, combined with a desire to actively coach, mentor, and provide thoughtful feedback to colleagues, peers, and direct reports.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a fast-moving and multicultural and cross-functional team while maintaining a client-centered focus.
- Ability to work independently and to manage a wide range of activities on a daily basis with limited supervision
- Proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills as needed
- Ability to work cross-culturally with flexibility to work across time zones, occasionally accommodating meeting times outside of the regular workday.
Key Competencies Required:
- Previous work experience in research, monitoring and evaluation, strategic information, or analytics and visualization related to global public health or a related field (preference given to candidates with experience with PEPFAR-supported HIV/AIDS programs).
- Strong familiarity with global health program indicators (e.g., PEPFAR MER indicators, World Health Organization Global Health Observatory indicators, etc.) and analysis of global health-related data.
- Demonstrated track record managing and facilitating data analytic and visualization projects (e.g., conceptualization, stakeholder engagement, design and execution, iteration, and training).
- Previous experience designing and developing data analytic and visualization tools (e.g., dashboards) to support the use of real-time data to inform programmatic decisions.
- Demonstrated skills in data visualization, including knowledge of user centered design approaches and data visualization design principles
- Advanced skills in using data visualization platforms such as advanced Excel visualizations, Tableau, PowerBI, Metabase, or Google Data Studio, etc.
- Familiarity or past experience working with data from country health management information systems (e.g., DHIS2, HIV electronic medical records, LMIS, etc.).
- Experience coordinating teams and mentoring and training staff through a variety of methods.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online