Background Information – Job-specific
UNOPS Madagascar provides services through its main office based in Antananarivo and has opened annex offices in several regions of the country after the projects covering these regions have been signed. The UNOPS office responds to the support needs of the government of Madagascar with funding from multilateral and bilateral donors. UNOPS Madagascar provides a wide range of infrastructure supply and implementation services and aims to extend its support to diversified projects, the provision of basic and other related services, in particular in economic and social infrastructure ( construction and rehabilitation ) and financial management in sectors such as agriculture, transport / Public works, sanitation, health,the environment and the fight against climate change. Under the supervision of the logistics officer, the driver ( e ) ( logistics ) has a customer-oriented approach, a high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural origins. The driver ( e ) ( logistics ) can often be brought to ( e ) to move in complex and difficult environments with limited resources. The driver ( e ) ( logistics ) can often be brought to ( e ) to move in complex and difficult environments with limited resources. The driver ( e ) ( logistics ) can often be brought to ( e ) to move in complex and difficult environments with limited resources.
Background information – DR Congo
Based in Kinshasa in the Democratic Republic of Congo ( DRC ) since 1991, the Multi-Democratic Country Office Congo ( CDMCO ) of UNOPS covers eleven countries: Angola, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Comoros, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo, Madagascar and Rwanda. The multi-country office is operational in nine of the eleven countries to date; it has a portfolio of more than 30 projects and employs more than 260 people.
UNOPS CDMCO has been identified as an agency of the United Nations system that can support the area of infrastructure and humanitarian and post-conflict management both horizontally and vertically. The office has developed a strong working relationship with international partners, United Nations agencies, including United Nations missions and the governments of Central Africa over the years. It provides technical support and capacity building in strategic development areas, including the rehabilitation and development of infrastructure in the health, education and, public works, governance / public administration; procurement, project management and sectoral advisory services; peace and security,preservation and protection of the environment, among others.
Under the supervision of the logistics officer, the logistician driver must:
- Provide reliable and secure driving
- Maintain allocated vehicles
- Track vehicle parts
- Support support teams
1- Provide reliable and secure driving
- Transport authorized personnel
- Provide shuttles to / from personnel airport for official missions
- Ensure the conduct of teams for project missions
2- Maintain allocated vehicles
- Ensure the daily maintenance of the vehicle allocated by the cleanliness verification ( washing and interior and exterior cleaning ), safety ( state of mechanics and tires ), petrol, water, battery, brakes, oil levels and liquid…
- Ensure daily repairs of the allocated vehicle by carrying out minor repairs on time and by providing for major repairs, emptying, tire pressure…
3- Monitor the validity of documents and documents
- Guarantee the availability and validity of all required documents / supplies, including vehicle insurance, vignettes, technical visit, logbook, office directory, the city / country map, the first aid kit, and basic spare parts,
- Provide advice on local traffic rules laws
4- Ensure follow-up of regulations in force
- Ensure that immediate measures as required by regulations are taken in the event of involvement in an accident
- Provide advice on local traffic rules laws
5- Support support teams
- Facilitate immigration and customs formalities, if necessary
- Collect and distribute mail and / or documents and / or any other items
- Help the Support Service to receive inspection reports, set up or check storage devices and keep inventory registers
- Assist the Purchases unit for obtaining quotes or specifications etc.
- Help organize customs clearance of consignments by preparing tax exemption certificates, obtain customs authorizations and necessary permits from the government
- Help improve and maintain office space, vehicles, furniture, equipment and common spaces
- Support office tasks ( photocopy, scanning, etc. )
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Perform any other tasks requested of it.
- A secondary school diploma is required
- Having a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in driving is required for candidates with a secondary school diploma
- Having a valid Category B driver’s license is required
- Mechanical training and / or experience is an asset
- Training and / or experience in archiving or general administration is an asset
- Having experience in using the IT tool is an asset
- Having knowledge of exemption and customs clearance procedures would be an asset
- Having work experience within the United Nations system, Bailors or NGOs would be an asset
- Having a first aid training is an asset
Language skills Knowing how to speak fluently, write and read the French language is requiredSkills
Demonstrate an understanding of the effects of its role on all partners and give priority to beneficiaries. Forge and maintains strong external relations and constitutes a competent partner for the others ( if this applies to its role ).
Evaluate data and processes to make logical and pragmatic decisions. Adopts a neutral and rational approach by calculating the risks. Applies innovation and creativity to a problem-solving approach.
Effectively establishes a series of measures for oneself and for others to achieve a goal. The actions taken lead to the complete accomplishment of the task while respecting the quality requirements in all areas. Identify the possibilities and take initiatives to seize them. Understands that responsible use of resources optimizes the effect of our activities with beneficiaries.
Treats all individuals with respect; gives consideration to differences and encourages others to do the same. Incarnates ethical and organizational standards. Meet high demands for honesty. Is a model for diversity and inclusion issues.
Open to change and flexible in a very dynamic environment. Effectively adapts its approach to follow changing circumstances or needs. Learn from experience and modify behavior. Its results are consistent, even under pressure. Continuously seek improvement.
Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listen and share his knowledge spontaneously. Manages conflicts effectively while respecting differences and finding common ground.
Acts as a positive example contributing to team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For managers only: acts as a positive example of leadership, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, uses appropriate leadership styles.
Contract type, level and duration
Type contract: LICA
Contract level: LICA 3, Local ICA Support Contract duration: ‘ Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance For more details about United Nations staff contracts, please follow this link: https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/UN-Staff-Contracts.aspx For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link: https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/Individual-Contractor-Agreements.aspxAdditional Information
- UNOPS does not accept spontaneous applications.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be examined.
- UNOPS will only communicate with those selected to take the next step in the recruitment process, which consists of different assessments.
- UNOPS wants to promote diversity and is committed to ensuring equal access to employment. UNOPS staff are people of different nationalities, cultures, languages, races, gender identities, sexual orientation and abilities. UNOPS wishes to maintain and strengthen this diversity in order to ensure equal opportunities and an inclusive working environment for all of its staff.
- UNOPS encourages women and persons belonging to under-represented groups in its staff to apply, particularly persons belonging to ethnic minorities, indigenous groups and gender identities and minority sexual orientations, as well as people with disabilities.
- UNOPS wants to ensure that everyone can give the best of themselves during the evaluation process. Preselected persons who require additional assistance in carrying out an assessment, including reasonable accommodation, are invited to inform human resources personnel after receiving an invitation to participate in this assessment.
- For staff positions ( staff ), UNOPS reserves the right to assign a person to a lower level post than that published in the job offer.
- Holders of a provisional contract ( retainer ) must devote approximately four hours of their own time to undergo some compulsory training before starting to provide their services to UNOPS. To find out more about the provisional contract, click here.
- All UNOPS staff members must, in the exercise of their functions, comply with the Charter of the United Nations, UNOPS policies and instructions, and any other relevant accountability framework. In addition, staff members must demonstrate an understanding of the Sustainable Development Goals consistent with the values of the United Nations and the vision of « Our joint program ».
- UNOPS policy requires verification of the references of all those selected for a position. These checks are decisive for hiring.