Driver – SB-1 (5 positions)
Job Posting: 17/May/2023
Closure Date: 31/May/2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit : FACMB
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition : NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level : N/A
Primary Location: Various Locations-Various Locations
Duration : 12 months
Post Number : N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) contributes to the achievement of the 2030 Agenda through the FAO Strategic Framework by supporting the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agrifood systems, for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind. The main aim of the FAO Representation in Cambodia is to assist government to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The Public-Social-Private Partnerships for Ecologically-Sound Agriculture and Resilient Livelihood (PEARL) project,” in Northern Tonle Sap Basin (NTSB) aims to enhance the climate change resilience of smallholder farmers and local communities in the NTSB by increasing their access to growing premium market segments while using their improved market access to incentivize their transition to climate-resilient practices, mainly through effective public-social-private partnerships.
The Driver reports directly to the Assistant FAOR (A) through the Senior Project Officer. Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Cambodia, and in close collaboration with international consultants and national specialists, governmental counterparts, and other technical specialists, the incumbent will perform the tasks listed below.
Dives the staff at the duty station and field locations safely, maintains vehicle in good operational condition, keeps upto date records of the vehicle operation and maintenance, provides support to the “Public-Social-Private Partnerships for Ecologically-Sound Agriculture and Resilient Livelihood (PEARL) project”, implanted by FAO Cambodia.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Driver will work for the PEARL project and assists with driving, delivery of mail, O&M of the assigned vehicle(s). Moreover, where required the incumbent will be expected to contribute to the country office’s projects and initiatives:
- Drive official vehicles to transport FAO and other authorized personnel, as authorized;
- Deliver and collect mail, documents, pouch and other communications / items from and to the FAO office, as authorized; go to the post office, airport, government agencies, other UN agencies, institutions, project sites, etc. to take and deliver items and communications; keep records as required;
- Maintain assigned vehicle daily – check oil, water, battery, tyres, etc.; perform minor repairs and timely arrange for any other repairs necessary to keep the vehicle in a good running condition at all times; keep the vehicle interior and exterior clean;
- Keep the assigned vehicle secured and safe; park in safe and secured locations at all times;
- Make sure that all necessary tools and equipment (i.e. tools kit, fire extinguisher, first aid medical kit, VHF mobile radio, etc.) are in vehicle, operational and properly safeguarded;
- Follow all UNDSS guidelines for vehicle tracking and safe driving during field missions; regularly make radio contact with UNDSS, follow travel routes approved on security clearance, etc.;
- Record movement of assigned vehicle; log trips, daily mileage, fuel issued, etc., in vehicle log book; record transportation / vehicle related expenditures, vehicle servicing, repairs, etc.
- Meet FAO personnel or other authorized personnel at the airport and assist through immigration, customs formalities, hotel check-in, and other local formalities, as may be required;
- Prepare written report of vehicle accidents and follow local procedures for reporting accidents and any other incidents;
- Deliver and collect goods to and from the port of exit/entry and this may involve handling all the formalities for customs clearance.
- Serve as Duty Driver when assigned;
- When needed, assist the FAO office staff in performing simple clerical duties such as making and answering telephone calls, making photocopies, etc.
- Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- High school certificate or equivalent
- At least five years of relevant experience in project management/operations and support
- Valid driving license with a clean record of no accidents
- Working knowledge of English and Khmer
- A National of Cambodia
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Extent and relevance of experience in safe driving of vehicle;
- Ability to and understanding of the basic function of vehicle and minor repair and maintenance knowledge and understating of UN rules procedures;
- Understanding FAO/UN policies and programmes is considered a strong asst;
- Familiarity with UN administrative, logistics procedure is an asst.
WOMEN CANDIDATE ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
- Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT