Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Location: Abuja, FCT
Slots: 2 Openings
Reporting to: Logistics Officer
Proposed start date: July 2022
- Drive in a safe way at all times, respecting the country’s circulation rules and following the base/capital logistician’s planning and instructions;
- Follow all Action Against Hunger rules and regulations and vehicle manufacturer’s guidelines when using the vehicle;
- Ensure that all personal documents (ID, driving license) and vehicle documents are valid and kept on board at all time;
- Carry out daily checks before starting up the engine;
- Check if all required equipment is on board and functioning (communication equipment, tool box, medical kit, fuel, stickers, flags);
- Record the car movement in the movement log and get passenger’s signature;
- Complete the Fuel Log book accurately on a daily basis with mileage, fuel consumption information and after every maintenance;
- Submit all receipts for fuel, airport and parking tickets, etc. in a timely manner to the base/capital logistician for reconciliation.
- First School leaving Certificate or equivalent;
- A valid and current Nigerian Driver’s License;
- Proficiency in English Language;
- Good reading and writing skills;
- Accurate knowledge of all traffic rules;
- Flexible and adaptable in a changing work environment;
- Good communication skills and high level of integrity;
- Knowledge of security issues;
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations;
- Previous experience an added advantage.
Starting Gross Basic Salary
NGN183,056 per month (excluding other benefits).
Application Closing Date
8th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.