International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) – Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Domestic Support
- INSO provides daily support to more than 1000 NGOs operating in 16 of the world’s most insecure countries.
- INSO is registered in the Netherlands with its headquarters based in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
- The Domestic Support in Abuja will ensure the cleanliness and safety of the office, guest house and environment.
- He/she will also provide support for basic administration management, such as procurement and purchases.
- This position reports to the INSO Human Resources & Administration Officer.
- Ensure the Abuja main office and guest house building, and environment is clean at all times
- Dust furniture, equipment’s, partitions, walls, windows etc. daily and weekly
- Clean and disinfect sink, countertops, floors, toilets, mirrors, tables, chairs, refrigerators, microwaves etc. in restrooms, offices, and kitchenette regularly
- Sweep, mop, vacuum and/or hand scrub floors using brooms, mop, and vacuum cleaner daily
- Empty trash cans and recyclables into disposal areas
- Wipe down walls and woodwork, doors, wall hangings, baseboards etc.
- Laundry of all clothing’s and orderly arrangements
- To assist and ensure adequate supplies within the facility
- Replenish supplies in restrooms and kitchenettes
- Assist the Logistics and Procurement Officer in the procurement process
- Ensure timely purchase of supplies needed at the office
- To assist, monitor and report on potential safety or maintenance issues
- Identify potential safety or maintenance issues and communicate them to the Human Resources and Administration Officer immediately
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures relating to performance tasks, use of products and supplies
- Early arrival to work to perform services to established standards and ensure office facilities is locked and secured daily after work
- Perform any other task assigned.
- 1 year of work experience as a Domestic Support staff/Cleaner
- Advanced knowledge of cleaning processes
- Basic knowledge of administrative processes
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Basic Computer literacy
- 2 years work experience as a Domestic Support Staff or Cleaner
Key Personal Competencies:
- A good listener
- A good communicator
- Ability to Prioritize and work with less supervision
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and Royal.
Application Closing Date
16th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Documents below to: [email protected] using “INSO Domestic Support – Abuja” as the subject of the email.
- Cover letter (1 page max) – specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO.
- Up to date CV (3 pages max).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
- Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.
- Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.