The Director for Finance & Administration will serve on the administrative and program staff team of the USDA Food for Progress Mauritania project funded by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) implemented by Partners of the Americas. This role will lead the financial accountability and management of this project in Mauritania. Furthermore, the Director of F&A will be responsible for regulatory compliance, care of due process and meeting any administrative/financial requirements of the US government, as well as carrying out internal audits during the life of the project, as well as the care and facilitation of external audits. Likewise, this role will manage POA’s human, financial, material, and technological resources efficiently for the Representation Office in Mauritania.
The Director of F&A will be based in Nouakchott, Mauritania. This position will report to the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Lead the administrative, financial, logistics and procurement processes of the projects and the Representation Office in accordance with the rules and regulations.
- Design, implement and supervise the financial execution of budgets and internal control measures, of projects and of the Representation Office.
- Supervise and, where appropriate, apply the accounting record, ensuring its opportunity and veracity in adherence to local regulations.
- Supervise the budget and financial execution of the sub-agreements, contractors, and consultancies of each project.
- Develop and keep track of complex budgets and financial projections, ensuring transparent, timely and efficient management.
- Supervise the hiring and management of human talent.
- Lead audit processes in case any of the projects is selected for evaluation.
- Lead the expansion or reduction of the Representation Office, according to the duration, extension or conclusion of the projects in Mauritania, both due to situations of force majeure, as well as contractual terms.
- Support the design and implementation of orientation and training sessions on administrative, financial, procurement and accountability processes for project staff.
- Participate fully as a member of the project leadership team, including participation in staff meetings and other events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related fields.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience working in positions in charge of finance, budgeting, accounting, procurement, and contract drafting and administration.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of accounting systems, ensuring internal control, timeliness and veracity of records, in adherence to local regulations.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and control of complex budgets, ensuring transparent and efficient management.
- Ability forecast and create financial projections.
- Knowledge of labor, contracting, banking and other laws and regulations necessary for the project in Mauritania.
- Knowledge of audit processes.
- Experience in opening, operating, and closing a project office.
- Residence in Nouakchott, Mauritania.
- Fluency in written and spoken French required, proficiency in English preferred.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Kirk Del Rosario at firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line “MAURITANIA DFA-YOUR NAME”. Please note that only finalists will be contacted.
Partners is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Partners Does Not Discriminate In Employment On The Basis Of Race, Color, Religion, Sex (Including Pregnancy And Gender Identity), National Origin, Political Affiliation, Sexual Orientation, Marital Status, Disability, Genetic Information, Age, Membership In An Employee Organization, Retaliation, Parental Status, Military Service, Or Other Non-Merit Factor.