The Development and Fundraising Manager manages the organization’s fundraising strategies, campaigns, capital development initiatives, and operations to support the overall organizational development and revenue objectives. S/he leads/executes a revenue-generating portfolio driven by fundraising and development activities for the organization, cultivates and maintains positive relationships with current and potential donors, foundations, and corporations. Duties include but are not limited to: investigating and developing corporate giving opportunities, managing and increasing individual giving, writing foundation grants, coordinating fundraising events, and working with individual Board members to create annual giving and service plans. This position occasionally requires work outside of normal business hours, and at locations that may be off-site.
- Develops an annual Development Plan that addresses fundraising goals and strategies consistent with goals established by the board and the organization.
- Oversee and Manage current Direct Mail program.
- Researches corporations and foundations and pursues opportunities for corporate sponsorships.
- Maintains current foundation portfolio by preparing and submitting grant renewal requests and reports of existing grants.
- Maintains professional and friendly relationships with foundation grantors and updates them on how their grant funds are being utilized throughout the year.
- Obtains contacts for potential donors from Board members, makes contact and introduces donors to the Executive Director or other board members.
- Meets with each Board member prior to the end of each calendar year to determine individual Board member giving, additional fundraising activities, and ways in which the Board member will be an ambassador and advocate for the Center; these are consolidated into a plan for each Board member and shared with the President and Executive Director.
- Oversees gifts management associate responsible for donor database (CRM).
- Utilizes Donor Search to cultivate major donors.
- Contacts each past donor at least annually and maintains an active list of potential donors who are in the various stages of being cultivated.
- Creates consistent language and works with Communications Manager to create marketing materials to be used by Board members and staff members for giving and sponsorship opportunities.
- Prepares monthly updates of activities and distributes them to the Executive Director.
- Stays current on development and fundraising trends and legislation that are likely to affect the organization’s funding.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent (graduate degree a plus).
- Management experience required.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ related work experience in the fields of non-profits, humanitarian aid, fundraising, public relations, or marketing.
Desired skills and qualities:
- Above average creative writing and editing skills.
- Mission driven and comfortable with achieving a $1,600,000 fundraising goal per year.
- Strategic thinking is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, use independent judgment and follow-through with minimal supervision.
- Superior project management capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Effectiveness in team process, organization, and time management.
- Highly organized with an extraordinary ability to implement plans and ensure their completion, meeting very strict deadlines.
- A responsible and interesting job in an international aid organization with an experienced and committed team.
- Health Insurance with a portion of the premium subsidized by the employer.
- 20 Paid Time Off days per year.
- 12 Paid Holidays per year.
- 401k with the first 5% matched by employer.
- Annual salary in the range of $75,000 to $90,000
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].