Nuru equips local leaders with tools and knowledge to lead their communities out of extreme poverty by integrating impact programs that address the most prevalent and fundamental challenges of extreme poverty around four areas of need: Hunger Inability to Cope with Financial Shocks Preventable Disease and Death Lack of Access to Quality Education for Children Rather than give handouts, we design training-based poverty solutions that promote self-reliance and service-mindedness to enable local leaders to continue scaling impact long after Nuru International staff has exited the project.
Location: Location: Yola, Adamawa State
Employment Type: Full Time
Career Level: Managerial Level
Terms and conditions: The appointment will be for a 10 months period, renewable
based on funding and performance.
Number of Job Opening: 1
Start Date: As soon as possible
Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya, and Ethiopia. Our mission is to build resilience corridors of strong, locally owned farmer cooperatives driving profitable livelihoods in vulnerable communities of the Northeast. Nuru Nigeria prioritizes the smallholder farmers it serves and works to cultivate lasting meaningful choices through a community led, community driven and community sustained livelihood programs across the agriculture value chain.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will support the Chief of Party in meeting project objectives and deliverables and in providing overall leadership in technical, administrative, operational, and management aspects. The DCOP will support relationship management with USAID/Nigeria, Government of Nigeria, partners and external stakeholders. He will manage key aspects of the development, implementation and consolidation of the BSL activity. Serve as a point of contact to USAID as well as public, private and non-government stakeholders, when needed. He will manage key functions of the project to meet donor expectations in terms of timely and quality results and budget. Contribute to ensuring coordination between program and operations leads. He will oversee strategy and implementation of BSL interventions in agricultural production, nutrition, marketing, and business development and in digital financial inclusion interventions.
- Working closely with the Chief of Party to provide technical and managerial oversight for the Activity, including the development and implementation of the
- Activity’s annual work plans, quarterly and annual reports, and other requests that may come in from USAID and Nuru Nigeria.
- Working closely with other senior managers to ensure that the Activity consistently employs the values of Nuru Nigeria, ensures the highest ethical standards, emphasizes the importance of communication and teamwork, promotes collaboration with other donor-funded projects and activities, adheres to USAID and Nuru Nigeria’s technical guidance, and directly contributes to the attainment of the Activity’s contractual deliverables;
- Managing the development, design, and implementation of all Component-led interventions, in the three implementations LGAs
- Drafting, editing, and making material contributions to Activity documents, including but not limited to weekly snapshot reports, quarterly and PowerPoint
- presentations, annual reports, studies, papers, survey instruments, and other operational and MEL-related documentation;
- Maintaining rigorous focus on the achievement of the Building Sustainable Livelihoods Activity’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
- Managing the implementation and coordination of all events, technical forums, workshops, and roundtables;
- Representing the Activity and Nuru Nigeria in meetings with the private and public sector stakeholders as requested by the COP;
- Other duties as assigned on an ad hoc basis by the COP.
- Master’s degree, or higher, in economics, business administration, agriculture, or a related field
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant, progressively responsible management experience;
- Demonstrated experience and a proven track record of implementing and/or managing activities focused on agricultural development especially USAID funded activities
- A combination of technical familiarity and management skills that span the subject areas covered by the Activity; and in-depth experience in at least one of the
- major areas of project involvement (agriculture, agricultural finance services, capacity building for agribusinesses)
- An in-depth understanding of the public sector organizational and functional structure at the Federal and State levels
- A current professional network in the most relevant ministries and offices of Government at the Federal and State levels is an advantage
Demonstrated experience in the following areas:
ensuring efficiency across a wide variety of project activities involving economic growth, private sector development, women and youth empowerment, upskilling, business linkages, and job creation; and
maintaining a rigorous focus on project indicators, and results, and more generally supporting the M&E and communications functions.
Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required, and knowledge of local languages is an advantage.
Nuru Nigeria Offers:
- Salary is competitive depending on qualifications, skills and experience.
- Positive atmosphere of dynamism and motivated team setting.
- Atmosphere of a forefront professional and flexible NGO with a unique new development approach.
- Annual, Maternity and Paternity leave benefits.
- Transport costs and communication allowance.
- 13th Month Salary
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team.
- Life Insurance covering accident, disability and related benefits
- Health Insurance covering employees and family.
- Pension benefits.
- Atmosphere of diversity committed to providing equal employment opportunity, forbidding discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic
- origin, age and differently able, with respect to policies and visions.
- Other Labor best practices apply.
Non-discriminatory employment clause:
Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of ethnicity, colour, gender, religion, socio-economic status, age, disability or health status. The management of
Nuru Nigeria reserves the right to verify all of the applicant’s information and conduct background checks on shortlisted candidates including reaching out to his/her
previous employer. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.