The job holder is responsible for providing overall program activity management and technical leadership ensuring technical soundness, quality and safety of interventions delivered at facilities in alignment to donor requirements, national guidelines, and global best practices.
Department: Health Programmes Department
Report To: Chief of Party
Supervision: Service Delivery Advisors
Location: USAID-Jamii Tekelezi Project Meru Office
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design and implement quality Prevention, Care and Treatment services at supported facilities to meet targeted objectives and needs of beneficiaries and partners.
- Serve as program technical lead by providing guidance to the Clinical Technical Advisory Program Team in activities implementation including design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation in coordination with the project Chief of Party.
- Ensure program activities are conducted professionally to reflect best practices including but not limited to CHAK organizational policies, PEPFAR, UNAIDS, WHO, Ministry of Health guidelines.
- Provide technical quality assurance through support site improvement and monitoring systems at facility level as well as capacity building, mentoring and technical support to Clinical Technical Team and Site Level Staff.
- Participate in development of training materials, Standard Operating Procedures, Job Aids, and supportive supervision tools required to ensure program technical excellence and good client outcomes.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with the USAID-Kenya and East Africa, Ministry of Health teams, County Government Health Management teams, Implementing Partners/Sub-recipients, and other stakeholders.
- Lead knowledge management, scientific and technical leadership efforts and the documentation of lessons and project outcomes.
- Ensure program strategies and approaches are evidence based and aligned with relevant guidelines.
- Participate and provide leadership at relevant technical advisory and policy meetings and forums.
Academic & Professional Qualifications:
- Masters or Advanced degree in a Clinical Medicine, with an MPH.
- Hold a Valid Practice License from a KDMPC.
- Minimum 7 years technical leadership experience working in health sector and specifically in the management of HIV/AIDS/TB programs
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of planning and designing interventions in HIV/AIDS.
- Demonstrable ability to report, monitor, evaluate budgets.
- Demonstrable high level skills Project Management
- Excellence in the working with POC and national level electrotonic data systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Management and leadership skills
- Resource mobilization and proposal development skills
- Conflict resolution and mediation skills
- Excellent report writing and analytical skills
How to apply
Kindly send your application using this link http://188.8.131.52:88/ by attaching your cover letter, CV and certificates.
Applications should be addressed to:
The General Secretary
P.O. Box 30690 – 00100,
The closing date for receiving all applications is 10th December 2023.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.