Data display board specialist
Job advertisement : Jul 12, 2023
Publication cancellation date : Jul 26/2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FLELS
Job type : Temporary work
Requirement Type: PSA ( Personal Service Agreements )
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Home-Based
Duration: 90 days
Position Number: N / A
_ FAO seeks to ensure gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and its international consultants, in order to serve the Member States of the Organization in the best possible way in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of sex, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of under-represented or under-represented Member States and persons with disabilities with the necessary qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications.
- All persons working for FAO must comply with the highest standards of professional integrity and conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a zero tolerance policy for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The activities are part of the project Increase in climate resilience measures in the agroecosystems of the dry corridor of El Salvador ( RECLIMA ), which focuses on building resilience in producer families and restoring degraded ecosystems for the provision of environmental services. The project is executed by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations ( FAO ) in coordination with the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources ( MARN ), the Ministry of Agriculture of Livestock ( MAG ), the National Center for Agricultural and Forestry Technology “ Enrique Álvarez Córdova ” ( CENTA ) and the Environmental Investment Fund of El Salvador ( FIAES ), with financing from the Green Climate Fund ( GCF ).
The data visualization panel specialist will be under the general supervision of the Assistant Representative Programs ( AFAORP ) and direct supervision of the RECLIMA Project Coordinator, in coordination with the Monitoring and Monitoring team of the FAO RECLIMA project El Salvador.
Field of specialization
Microsoft PowerBI, SQL or Database Management.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Preparation of work plan.
- Make a diagnosis of the databases and variables that RECLIMA currently has to define a work plan and development of elements that require to process and share information through of a collaborative work tool.
- Review the RECLIMA chain of results and information flows, for an adequate understanding of the logic of intervention and monitoring in each of its goals and key products for visualization.
- Develop diagnostic documents where a brief analysis of the databases of the records of each RECLIMA unit is made, and the key variables for monitoring the project goals, as well as a proposal for the boards to be developed.
- Develop regular work meetings with M&E coordination and team to ensure an update in time and goals of the visual interface.
- Design and adjust the databases generated by each module and provide the knowledge for their good administration, You can retake existing bases that have been generated with collectors with ODK language, .xls that are already counted in RECLIMA.
- Develop a proposal for the publication ( Dashboards-Dashboards ) of key information on the internal website from the databases available to both internal and external actors.
- Develop and implement control panels ( data-data-dashboards ) of activities, products and indicators and financial execution of the letters in agreement with partners, direct implementation by the RECLIMA project.
- Provide training and technical assistance to the RECLIMA team in the products developed, in the creation, use, updating and implementation of interactive boards, as well as the management of information through information repositories.
- Other tasks that the project management may require for viewing the board or boards.
THE CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUED IN ARRANGE TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- University degree in Engineering or Bachelor of Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Business Administration or related careers.
- Professional accredited in any of the following areas: Microsoft PowerBI, SQL or Database management.
- At least 3 years of experience in diagnosing, training, creating and maintaining boards using Microsoft Power BI.
- Have your own computer equipment.
- Practical knowledge ( level C ) of Spanish and desirable intermediate knowledge ( level B ) of English.
- National of El Salvador or resident with work permit.
FAO core competencies
- Results-based approach
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge exchange and continuous improvement
Technical / functional skills
- Desirable proven experience developing technological solutions for international organizations and with a Logical Framework approach.
- Knowledge of data migration from different data managers.
- Data quality control.
- Knowledge of documentation of information systems.
- Construction of Indicators and KPi´s.
- Demonstrated experience in issuing charts and graphs
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all and integrity and transparency.
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process ( application, interview, processing ).
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. If you need help or have questions, contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the expiration of the application deadline will not be accepted.
- We inform you that FAO will only consider academic degrees or credentials obtained from a teaching institution included in the World Database on Higher Education, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For any other questions visit the FAO website on employment: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/.
HOW TO APPLY Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT