Coordinator ( a ) technician ( a ) local
Job advertisement : Aug 24/2023
Publication cancellation date : Sep 7, 2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FAO Colombia
Job type : Temporary work
Requirement Type: NPP ( National Project Personnel )
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Colombia-Villavicencio
Duration: 3 months trial period, renewable
Position Number: N / A
IMPORTANT NOTICE – The expiration date and time displayed above are based on the date and time indicated on your personal device.
FAO seeks to ensure gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and its international consultants, in order to serve the Member States of the Organization in the best possible way in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of sex, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of under-represented or under-represented Member States and persons with disabilities with the necessary qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications.
- All persons working for FAO must comply with the highest standards of professional integrity and conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a zero tolerance policy for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
FAO is the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, leading the international effort for a world free of hunger and malnutrition in which food and agriculture contribute to improving the living standards of all its inhabitants, especially the poorest, economically, socially and environmentally sustainable. We work to contribute to the fulfillment of Agenda 2030 and its global goals by promoting sustainable, inclusive and resilient food systems to achieve production, nutrition, an environment and a better life.
The vacancy is located in Villavicencio, Meta with trips to the project’s areas of action. The position belongs to the area of family farming and inclusive markets.
Under the general supervision of the FAO Representative in Colombia, the Program Officer, the technical supervision of the senior specialist in Family Farming and Inclusive Markets; and direct supervision of/the project coordinator.
Field of specialization
The local Supervisor ( a ) technician ( a ) has the following tasks and responsibilities.
Tasks and responsibilities
- The owner must participate and appropriate the methodologies and shared contents in the induction workshop event carried out by the Project.
- Work in a comprehensive and articulated manner with the technical teams responsible for the project products.
- Support coordination for the implementation of the Annual Operational Plan of the project, facilitating the implementation of the planned actions, guaranteeing the articulation between the different components and ensuring that said implementation is carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Supervise, articulate and accompany the technical team in the development of actions in the field, facilitating the operational synergies of the components of the agreement and ensuring compliance with the products of the Agreement.
- Follow up on the appropriation and implementation of the methodologies defined in the framework of the project by the technical team.
- Participate in the socializations of the scope of the project in the operating municipalities.
- Work comprehensively and closely with the leaders of the components of the Family Farming and Inclusive Markets area.
- Provide the technical support and monitoring required to fulfill the objectives, activities, goals and indicators and means of verification defined in the letters of agreement and / or tenders that are signed, during project implementation, between FAO and service providers.
- Coordinate actions for technical support: prioritization of activities, planning, review of weekly, biweekly and / or monthly schedules, as defined by the project, with the technical team.
- Coordinate the social, productive, environmental, communications and commercial characterization of producers through the survey of the baseline and georeferencing of each property.
- Lead the formalization to link family farming organizations and / or family ventures to the project.
- Support the collection of primary technical information and productivity indicators for the Rural Entrepreneurship Measurement instrument ( MER ) and participate in the MER workshops for related Family Agriculture Organizations.
- Prepare the technical diagnosis of the family ventures of I and II phase to determine the investment prioritization.
- Consolidate the agribusiness model by productive chains of the prioritized territories.
- Coordinate and plan with the technical team the sampling of water and soil.
- Support in the structuring of technical agribusiness models that allow improving production taking into account agroecological practices.
- Coordinate, organize and prepare the delivery of materials, supplies and tools for the implementation of technical agribusiness models.
- Follow up on the goals proposed in productive technical assistance visits and training events.
- Support the construction of training plans that promote technical, agroecological, soil conservation and business skills for producers of family farming organizations and / or family ventures.
- Coordinate the development of the technology transfer strategy from producer to producer by production chain.
- Plan and coordinate the development of tours for the exchange of knowledge and experiences with gender protocols.
- Consolidate the results and lessons learned from the implementation of the training program in promoting technical, agroecological and business skills of producers of family farming organizations and/or family ventures.
- Support events for the socialization of identified financial service portfolios and guide family farming organizations and/or family ventures in the definition of criteria for the selection of appropriate financial systems.
- Support in the identification of actions for the implementation of landscape management tools ( live fences, biological mini-corridors in crops and paddocks, forage banks, isolated trees in paddocks and births, among others ) for production lines.
- Promote the generation of environmental conservation agreements with producers of the Meta Food Supply Network.
- Identify and accompany the properties with potential for the implementation of fertilizer biophabrics with the use of by-products from the prioritized production lines.
- Accompany the commercial events carried out by the supply NETWORK.
- Facilitate and generate alliances with the different actors in the region, for the efficient implementation of the planned activities.
- Participate in inter-institutional articulation meetings, generate synergies and support the management of actions that contribute to the good development of the project.
- In coordination with the monitoring and monitoring area, support the review of the different products ( verification media, Delivery minutes ) of the technical reports presented by the technical support service provider, before the scheduled project committees.
- Generate technical, operational and management recommendations to guarantee an adequate implementation of the project actions and allow the achievement of the objectives set.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of pedagogical models that promote skills in the use and appropriation of digital tools, contributing to the development of productive and commercial activities.
- Ensure strict compliance with FAO administrative and operational standards.
- Draft, document and present reports of results of execution of planned activities in the formats established for the project.
- Support the systematization of information that allows generating summary documents of the experience developed by the project.
- Work comprehensively, maintaining a close and permanent relationship of collaboration and coordination with the technical team of the project and the technical team of the provider in charge of the technical support services.
- Accompany the technical support service provider in the preparation of the purchase plan ( necessary supplies that will be distributed to the participants in the format assigned by FAO, in accordance with FAO purchasing requirements and procedures for the implementation of productive and community initiatives in the project.
- Define input delivery plans for the community, with the support of the technical support service provider.
- Provide the information required for monitoring the project field activities ( reports and formats ), for the monitoring and evaluation system, to be sent to the Representation.
- Support in the preparation of the final report of the project.
- Promote within technical teams, the generation and dissemination of good gender practices in accordance with FAO’s gender equality policy.
- The owner must consult, study and appropriate the PROTOCOL FOR THE REPORT OF CASES OF EXPLOITATION AND SEXUAL ABUSE OF COMMUNITIES ( delivered by Human Management ) and report immediately, according to it, the cases that are known to you. FAO Colombia has zero tolerances for any practice of sexual exploitation and abuse.
- Timely diligence at the time of withdrawal from the organization, the charge delivery certificate and, in the event of supervisory functions, follow up on the correct delivery of the position of the personnel in charge.
Any other work required by the senior specialist and / or the supervisor in charge, related to the nature of the position.
THE CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUED IN ARRANGE TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Professional with training in agronomy, veterinary doctor or zootechnical veterinary doctor, agricultural production, administration of agricultural or related companies.
- Minimum experience of 5 years in sustainable rural development projects, agri-food systems and value chains with family farming organizations.
- Practical knowledge of Spanish ( C level ) spoken and written.
- Colombian nationality.
FAO core competencies
- Results-based approach
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge exchange and continuous improvement
Technical / functional skills
- Experience in the formulation, monitoring and execution of rural development projects.
- Field team leadership experience.
- Experience in the design of training strategies and technical plans for agricultural production.
- Experience in design and application of productive records.
- Experience in document management processes.
- Ability and ability to program, plan and work by technical monitoring results.
- Knowledge and experiences in the implementation of productive models
- Social commitment and ability to work effectively and harmoniously in multicultural settings.
- Knowledge and management of logical framework, project cycle and results-based management approach.
- Knowledge in administrative and financial management issues.
- Skills to write, document and report results of execution of planned activities.
- Knowledge of the region will be valued.
- Oral skills for the presentation and presentation of results to technical audiences, professionals and the community in general.
- Skills to write, document and report results of execution of planned activities.
- Ability to make clear and concise presentations.
- Knowledge in the handling of Word, Excel and internet.
- Ability to work as a team, and establish networks and alliances.
- Leadership, initiative, creativity, responsibility and flexibility.
- Ability to act at all times with extreme discretion regarding United Nations documents, information and materials.
- Permanent attitude and behavior of cordiality, composure, respect and collaboration with all the people and organizations with whom it interacts.
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process ( application, interview, processing ).
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. If you need help or have questions, contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the expiration of the application deadline will not be accepted.
- We inform you that FAO will only consider academic degrees or credentials obtained from a teaching institution included in the World Database on Higher Education, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For any other questions visit the FAO website on employment: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/ .
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all and integrity and transparency.
PRESENTATION OF REQUESTMENTS
- If you want to apply, go to the FAO Recruitment Website ( Employment in FAO ) and complete your online profile.
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. Only applications received through the contracting portal will be considered.
- We advise candidates to submit their application sufficiently in advance of the expiration of the term.
- If you need help, contact: [email protected].
IN THE LOCALS OF FAO IT IS FORBIDDEN TO SMOKE