Consulting Technical Assistance for the component of maternal and child nutrition and nutrition in emergencies. Guatemala / LAC-RO. 25 months
Job no: 563695
Position type: Consultant
Location: Guatemala Division / Equivalent: Latin America and Caribbean Regional Off
School / Unit: Guatemala
Department / Office: Guatemala City, Guatemala
Categories: Health and Nutrition
UNICEF works in some of the most difficult places in the world to reach the most disadvantaged girls and boys and save their lives, defend their rights and help them develop their potential.
In 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
¡And we never give up!
For every boy and girl, commitment.
- How can you make a difference?
Provide technical assistance to develop strategies for the maternal and child nutrition and emergency nutrition component in support of MSPAS and SESAN.
Scope of Work:
one. WORK PLACE: Guatemala
2. CONTRACT RELEASE: Q 801,072.00
CURRENCY: Quetzales PAYMENT RATE: By product.
- Support the nutrition component in emergencies of UNICEF Guatemala by monitoring the implementation of the MSPAS brigades, developing instruments to monitor the quality of this intervention and supporting nutrition training in emergencies.
- Support child nutrition actions, including the office’s breastfeeding strategy, and the complementary feeding strategy.
- Support the development of proposal for repositioning growth monitoring, including tools to facilitate analysis in health service and at home
- Systematize MSPAS and SESAN Change Agents strategy promoted by UNICEF.
- Support maternal nutrition actions, including the strategy to promote healthy eating for women, with an emphasis on pregnant and lactating women, as well as for the prevention of overweight and obesity in mothers.
- Incorporate communication strategies, tools and principles for social and behavioral change into the different strategies so that they are comprehensive.
- Support the development of proposals and reports.
- Make reports, consolidates and presentations.
- Coordinate actions with MSPAS and SESAN.
4. PAYMENT AND PRODUCTS LABEL TO DELIVER:
No. FACT ASS of PRODUCT
one. 08/25/2023 Q30,000.00 General consulting work plan.
2. 11/24/2023 Q96,384.00 Report on the initial state of the brigades and an instrument to measure the quality of the actions of the brigades.
3. 02/23/2024 Q96,384.00 Systematization Document of Change Agents and Proposal for a follow-up strategy for change agents
4. 05/24/2024 Q96,384.00 Repositioning proposal for growth monitoring
5. 08/23/2024 Q96,384.00 Quality report of the comprehensive nutrition and health brigades
6. 11/22/2024 Q96,384.00 Tool to better visualize and understand growth monitoring at home.
7. 02/21/2025 Q96,384.00 Healthy Eating Strategy Document for Women with an emphasis on pregnancy and lactation
8. 05/23/2025 Q96,384.00 Technical document for healthy eating for women
9. 08/22/2025 Q96,384.00 Draft strategy for promoting healthy eating aimed at preventing overweight and obesity and complications in childbirth.
Para calificar como defensor de cada niño, deberá…
- Profesional de la Nutrición y Maestría afin
- 8 años de experiencia en su campo (requerido)
- Experiencia de trabajo con organismos internacionales (deseable)
- Conocimiento y Experiencia de Nutrición en Emergencias (requerido)
- Conocimiento y Experiencia en alimentación materno infantil (requerido)
- Conocimiento de la red de servicios de salud de Guatemala (requerido)
- Conocimiento del SINASAN (requerido)
- Conocimiento de Políticas Públicas (deseable)
- Experiencia de trabajo de campo (requerido)
- Experiencia de formación a recurso humano institucional (deseable)
- Experiencia en comunicación para el cambio social y de comportamiento incluyendo metodologías participativas (requerido)
- Experiencia en trabajo con comunidades, con lideresas y líderes comunitarios y familias de la comunidad (requerido)
- Knowledge of the Rights of the Child ( required )
- Knowledge of UNICEF’s mandate ( desirable )
- Cultural and gender sensitivity ( required )
- Knowledge of the fluent English language ( required )
- Reporting powers ( required )
For every child, you should…
Share and practice UNICEF values in terms of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Responsibility.
To review our competency framework, please visit this site: here.
VIATICS: Transfer costs are included in the consultant’s fees.
LATE DELIVERY CLASSULE: In the event that the Consultant presents a delay in the delivery of the stipulated products, which is for reasons other than UNICEF, he will be penalized with 3% of the total cost of the contract per calendar week completed of delay, having a maximum of 24% of the total contract.
PAYMENT CONDITIONS: ( a ) UNICEF, unless otherwise specified in the contract, will make the payment within 30 days of receipt of the consultant’s invoice, which is issued only after acceptance by UNICEF of the work specified in the contract. ( b ) Payment against the aforementioned invoice will reflect any discount shown in the payment conditions provided that the payment is made within the period shown in the conditions payment of the contract. ( c ) The prices indicated in the contract cannot be increased except by express written agreement of UNICEF.
Persons recruited under a consultancy shall not be considered “staff members” under the United Nations Staff Regulations and Rules and UNICEF policies and procedures, and they will not be entitled to the benefits provided in them ( as license fees and health insurance coverage ). Your conditions of service will be governed by your contract and the General Conditions for Contracting Consultant Services. Individual consultants are responsible for complying with their tax obligations and the payment of any tax and / or tariff, in accordance with local laws or other applicable laws.
Payment of professional fees will be based on the presentation of the agreed deliverables. UNICEF reserves the right to withhold payment in the event that the deliverables presented do not meet the required standard or in the event of delays in the delivery of the deliverables by from the consultant.
UNICEF is a non-profit organization and its mandate is to promote the protection of the rights of the child, to help meet their basic needs and to increase the opportunities offered to them to fully reach their potential.
UNICEF has a zero tolerance policy on conduct incompatible with the goals and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF. including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict principles of child protection. All selected candidates are expected to adhere to these standards and principles, therefore they will undergo rigorous background and reference verification. Background checks will include academic credentials and work history. Selected candidates may be asked to provide additional information to perform a background check.
Warned: Jul 05 2023 Central America Standard Time
Application close: Jul 12 2023 Central America Standard Time
Back to list
- Closes Jul 12 2023Consulting Technical Assistance for the component of maternal and child nutrition and nutrition in emergencies. Guatemala / LAC-RO. 25 months in Guatemala
UNICEF Guatemala requires a professional to provide technical assistance to develop strategies for the maternal and child nutrition and emergency nutrition component.