Consulting for support operational and analytical in gender and diversity SCL / GDI
The IDB Group is a diverse, versatile and passionate community of people, united to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Those who work with us find a purpose and do what they like best in an inclusive, collaborative, agile and rewarding environment.
About this job
We are looking for a consultant to contribute to operational, analytical, dialogue and resource mobilization work on gender and diversity issues.
You will work in the Gender and Diversity Division ( GDI ) which is part of the Social Sector ( SCL ). This team is responsible for promoting ( a ) gender equality and empowerment ( b ) development with identity of indigenous peoples, and ( c ) inclusion of people of African descent, people with disabilities and LGBTQ people +. Likewise, the Division supports the Bank’s operations, provides political and strategic advice, and carries out technical assistance and training activities.
This is what you will do
- Support the Bank’s operations in mainstreaming Gender and Diversity in its design and implementation.
- Participate in the execution of the Bank’s operations that contribute to gender equality or the inclusion of diversity.
- Support in the monitoring of contracts and coordination with counterparts of non-reimbursable technical cooperation
- Support in the preparation of corporate reports.
- Participate in policy dialogues with government authorities and development partners.
- Support resource mobilization efforts under the pillars of the Platform for Gender and Diversity Alliances.
- Participate in cutting-edge research on gender and diversity issues.
- Support the development of broadcast products, events and learning tools.
- Other activities aligned to the priorities of the IDB Group’s Gender and Diversity Action Plan 2022-2025.
This is what you need
- Education: Master in applied economics or public policy.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of professional experience, of which 3 years must be in policy development and operational experience. Likewise, the candidate must have experience working on diversity issues for at least one of the four population groups on which the IDB focuses. Knowledge and experience are required in the use of statistical / economic techniques and software and in the management of microdata; with good communication skills ( oral and written ) and to work as a team
- Languages: Spanish and English, oral and written proficiency is required. It is preferred to have additional knowledge of French and Portuguese.
- Continuous learning
- Collaborate and share knowledge
- Focus on customers
- Communicate and influence
- Innovate and try new things
- Citizenship: You are a citizen of Peru or a citizen of one of our 48 member countries, with residence or legal permission to work in Peru.
- Consanguinity: He has no family members ( up to the fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including the spouse ) who work at the IDB, IDB Invest or IDB Lab.
- Considerations regarding COVID-19: the health and safety of our employees are our top priority. As an employment condition, the IDB / IDB Invest requires that all new employees have full vaccination against COVID-19.
Type of contract and duration
- Type of Contract: Full-time national consultant
- Duración: 12 meses (renovables hasta 36 meses).
- Lugar de trabajo: En el sitio.
El Grupo BID ofrece beneficios que responden a las diferentes necesidades y momentos de la vida de un empleado. Estos beneficios incluyen:
- Un paquete de remuneración competitiva
- Licencia y vacaciones: 2 días por mes de contrato + licencia paternal sin distinción de género.
- Seguro de salud: el Grupo BID brinda una asignación mensual para la compra del seguro de salud
- Plan de ahorro: Al Grupo BID le importa su futuro y, dependiendo de la duración del contrato, recibirá una asignación para un plan de ahorro mensual.
- Cronogramas de trabajo flexibles e híbridos
- Salud y bienestar: Acceso a nuestro Centro de Servicios de Salud que ofrece a los empleados cuidados preventivos y educación para la salud.
- Development support: We offer learning opportunities to improve your professional profile, such as seminars, individual career counselling, and much more.
At the IDB Group, we work for all people to do their best and bring their true selves to work, are willing to try new approaches without fear, are held accountable for their actions, and are rewarded for their actions.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and a Sense of Belonging (DEIB) are the pillars of our organization. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and encourage women, LGBTQ+, people with disabilities, people of African descent and indigenous people to apply.
We will make sure that people with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations to participate in the job interview process. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please email us at email@example.com to request reasonable accommodations in order to complete this application.
Our Human Resources Team thoroughly reviews each application.
About the IDB Group
The IDB Group, made up of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), IDB Invest, and IDB Lab, offers flexible financing solutions to its member countries to finance economic and social development through loans and subsidies to public and private entities in the Americas. Latin and the Caribbean.
About the IDB
The Inter-American Development Bank’s mission is to improve lives. Founded in 1959, the IDB is one of the main sources of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. The IDB also conducts cutting-edge research projects and offers policy advice, technical assistance, and training to public and private clients throughout the region.
- External Opening Date: May 16, 2023
- External Closing Date: May 26, 2023
- Job Field: Technical Support