Job Title : Consultant Senior Web Writer
ID : 15221
Location : ROME
Date of issue : 09/08/2023
Close Date : (Midnight, Rome Time) 09/27/2023
Organizational Unit : Communications Division
Full/Part Time : Full-Time
Regular/Temporary : Temporary
Assignment Duration : Until end 2023
Grade : P-3
As part of the External Relations and Governance Department (ERG), the Communication Division (COM) leads implementation of IFAD’s Communication Strategy and acts variously as facilitator, partner and leader with regards to delivery of IFAD’s internal and external comunication work. COM is a strategic partner for IFAD departments, divisions, offices and units in Rome and across the globe. The division has a team of expert staff in media relations, video production, writing, publishing, web and other digital media, graphic design, visual identity, brand management and internal communication to meet IFAD’s communication priorities.
ifad.org is IFAD’s most important communications and advocacy tools and the first entry point for many audiences who want to learn more about the organization, its mission and get engaged. To stay competitive, credible and effective, ifad.org needs to be transformed into an audience-centred digital platform, organized as a content resource, optimized for mobile, visually appealing and seamlessly integrated with outbound engagement strategies.
Key Functions and Results
COM seeks to hire a Senior Web Writer to:
- Review and analyse the existing website content to identify areas in need of improvement, ensuring alignment with the new digital content approach, website revamp goals, and organizational priorities.
- Rewrite the website content, focusing on enhancing clarity, consistency, and relevance while adhering to SEO best practices.
- Conduct keyword research and incorporate relevant keywords into the content to improve search engine visibility.
- Develop compelling headlines, subheadings, and calls-to-action (CTAs) to captivate the audience and encourage user engagement.
- Ensure the accuracy, currency, and grammatical/spelling error-free nature of the website content.
- Collaborate with the Digital Project Team to seamlessly integrate the revised content into the website structure and layout.
- Consult and coordinate with content owners across divisions to gather necessary material and ensure content structure alignment.
- Adhere to project timelines and deliver the content within the designated deadlines.
Key Performance Indicators
- Map out a list of web sections in need of content rewriting and contribute to new navigation mapping
- Re-write agreed-upon and selected website sections and institutional pages with clear, consistent, and engaging content
- Develop an exhaustive list of relevant keywords to improve search engine visibility and ranking
Job Profile Requirements
Required Skills and Qualkificatrions:
- An advanced University Degree (Master’s or higher) in international communications, writing, journalism, International Development, or related field. The Advanced University degree may be substituted by a first university degree (Bachelor or equivalent) plus at least four additional years of relevant professional experience, over and above the minimum number of years of experience as stipulated below.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a web writer, supported by a portfolio highlighting successful content writing or re-writing projects.
- Outstanding English writing and editing skills, demonstrating proficiency in grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Strong understanding of SEO principles and proven experience in conducting keyword research and optimization.
- Familiarity with content management systems (CMS) and familiarity with website development processes.
- Ability to adapt writing style to align with the organization’s tone, voice, and target audience.
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring accuracy and precision, while consistently meeting project deadlines.
- Knowledge of UN-specific terminology and the ability to simplify complex concepts for a broader audience.
Given the diverse technical nature of the assignments, IFAD is looking for consultants of varying ability above the minimum threshold stated.
Applicants to this call for interest will undergo a first level screening and those candidates meeting the minimum requirements will undergo a more in-depth assessment in order to be included in IFAD’s Consultants Roster. Inclusion in the roster is no guarantee of assignment.
Consultants are not considered staff of IFAD. This consultancy assignment does not carry any expectation of employment, extension or conversion to another type of contract with the Fund.
IFAD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic, social or political background, colour, nationality, religion, age, gender, disability, marital status, family size or sexual orientation.
Please be aware of fraudulent job offers. IFAD does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. Official communication from IFAD will always come from e-mails ending in @ifad.org.