- Collaborate technically © the proposal to modify ³ n of Law NÂ ° 3001/06, adjusted regulatory framework and the National Policy on Environmental Services; TO
- Design ± ar a technical strategy of financial sustainability of environmental services operations related to national regulations Â
- Identify strategic areas of conservation © n and form alliances with associations of small producers and other institutions for the elaboration ³ n and implementation ± n participatory of strategies related to environmental services Â
- Provide guidance ³ n tÃ © cnica for the work protocol with the National Forest Institute (INFONA), as responsible for the application ³ n of Law 422/73, closely linked to Law 3001/06 Â
- Review and update the payment calculation methodology for environmental services. TO
- Carry out participatory diagnosis workshops and construction ³ n of mechanisms aimed at facilitating access for small producers to the environmental services market. TO
- Conduct training with small organizations ± producers and institutions to promote the environmental services regime and proposed new mechanisms. TO
- Carry out socializations and validations of documents and methodologies related to environmental services, and prepare support material for use in intercultural, inter-institutional and inter-agency training and workshops. TO
- Collaborate with conducting ³ n of lesson workshops learned with small producers and other institutions related to the topic of environmental services. TO
- Prepare intermediate and final technical reports to be presented to local authorities and the Green Climate Fund (FVC) on environmental services. TO
- Review technical documents and manuals related to environmental services. TO
- Other activities related to environmental services.
Work LocationMinistry of Environment and Sustainable Development Offices, MADES AsunciÃ ³ n, Paraguay
Expected duration12 months
The United Nations Environment Program ( UNEP ) is the world’s leading environmental authority setting out the global environmental agenda, promotes the consistent application of the environmental dimension ³ n of sustainable development within the United Nations system and acts as an authorized advocate for the global environment. Its mandate is to coordinate the development ³ n of a consensus on environmental policies by keeping the global environment under review and addressing the new issues in the attention of governments and from the international community to take action. The UNEP Office for Latin America and the Caribbean © ( LACO ), located in Panama City, Panama¡,works closely ³ n with the 33 countries of the region ³ n and its activities are¡n integrated into the Medium-Term Strategy and Work Program approved by the United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA). In November 2019 and with the support of UNEP, the Green Climate Fund approved ³ a disbursement of $ 50 million for Paraguay as payments for results (RBPs for English © s) for deforestation ³ n avoided during the period 2015-2017. The implementation ³ n of the RBP program in Paraguay, called “Paraguay + Verde”, is carried out jointly by the agencies of the UN-REDD Program (UNDP, UNEP and FAO) with the administrative support of the UNOPS offices in Paraguay.The Paraguay + Green program will support the generation ³ of new reductions in CO2 emissions through the implementation © n of the National Strategy for Forests and Sustainable Growth (ENBCS). The program has a component to strengthen the capacities of state institutions for monitoring and managing forests, including the development and implementation ³ n of fire and deforestation early warning systems ³ n, territorial planning ³ n and participation ³ n of indigenous peoples, private sector and rural communities and the promotion of sustainable forest management and the promotion ³ of good agricultural and livestock practices.Additionally, the program will boost the National Climate Change Fund¡tico (FCC) and the creation ³ n of economic promotion instruments for the implementation ³ n of activities that result in the reduction ³ n of emissions from deforestation ³ n and/o degradation ³ n of forests. The Project Executing Unit (UEP) of the Paraguay + Green project is made up of a project coordinator, a specialist in gender © zero, a specialist in safeguards, a specialist in communications, a knowledge management specialist, a sustainable finance specialist, an administrator and an assistant administrator ³ n.Considering the complexity and volume of the work, it is necessary to have a consultant/a so that it can collaborate in the execution ³ n of the actions associated with the strengthening of the payment system for environmental services and access to the market for environmental services for small producers. In the development of activities, it is necessary to promote options to diversify the rural economy and reduce the gap between men and women, taking advantage in the process of the lines of action ³ n and structures created in accordance with the National Strategy for Gender in the face of Climate Change. The gender policy described in the project MGAS will be applied, in accordance with the Action Plan © n of the project and the National Law In the development of activities, it is necessary to promote options to diversify the rural economy and reduce the gap between men and women, taking advantage in the process of the lines of action ³ n and structures created in accordance with the National Strategy for Gender in the face of Climate Change. The gender policy described in the project MGAS will be applied, in accordance with the Action Plan © n of the project and the National Law In the development of activities, it is necessary to promote options to diversify the rural economy and reduce the gap between men and women, taking advantage in the process of the lines of action ³ n and structures created in accordance with the National Strategy for Gender in the face of Climate Change. The gender policy described in the project MGAS will be applied, in accordance with the Action Plan © n of the project and the National Law in accordance with the Action Plan ³ n of GÃ © project number and the National Law in accordance with the Action Plan ³ n of GÃ © project number and the National Law
- NÂ °
- 5446/15 of Public Policies for Rural Women. In this sense, the project requires the support of a Consultant in Environmental Services for the Paraguay Project + Green. The consultant will be supervised by the Program Officer REDD + of the UNEP Office for Latin America and the Caribbean, will have¡ its base in the Offices of the Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development (MADES), located in AsunciÃ ³ n, Paraguay and must comply with 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday full time.
Qualifications / special skillsACADÃ ‰ MICO â € ¢ Bachelor of Science in Economics, Forest Engineering, Agricultural Sciences or Agricultural Engineering ³ chemistry, Environmental Sciences, Biology or the like is required. â ³ € Master, in agricultural or environmental economy, climate change, sustainability or the like. It is desirable. EXPERIENCE â € ¢ At least 3 (three) years of experience in areas of climate change, nature-based services, agricultural or environmental economy, safeguards, ESG standards, Economic evaluation ³ TAG1> natural resource chemistry, or the like, is required.
LanguagesLANGUAGE â € ¢ Fluency in Spain is required. â ± € Confident level of English ¢ s is desirable. â © € Basic knowledge of the GuaranÃ language is desirable. SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCES â € ¢ Excellent communication capacity ³ n written and verbal. OTHERS â € ¢ Possibility of trips to the interior and exterior of the country.
No feeTHE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTSâ € ™ BANK ACCOUNTS.