ITE Full Stack Developer, IPP and UI/UX Specialist & Front-End Developer Consultants
Post of duty: Washington DC- USA
The IDB Group is a community of diverse, versatile, and passionate people who come together on a journey to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Our people find purpose and do what they love in an inclusive, collaborative, agile, and rewarding environment.
About this position
The Information Technology Department (ITE) is the focal point for all IT services (infrastructure and applications), architecture, policies and security at Headquarters and Country Offices. It is also responsible for formulating the Bank’s IT Strategy, its implementation and providing related tools, solutions, and services.
ITE is looking for a Full Stack Developer/Solution Architect and a UI/UX Specialist and Front-End Developer Consultants with experience in different technology stacks who can be part of our teams for the experimental and tactical interventions. These persons will be working closely with ITE Business Partner, TechLab and IPP teams, clients, and vendors to map, design and develop digital interventions using new technologies and solutions to add value quickly while advancing the IDB’s mission.
The Business Partner & Technology Innovation Unit (IPS) has a primary role of fostering a relationship with the Vice-Presidency of Sectors and Knowledge (VPS), identifying opportunities in which innovations in Information Technology can be applied to projects delivered by the Bank. TechLab within the IPS Unit, aims to empower the IDB Group by becoming a go-to source to understand and apply emerging technologies to its operations. It accelerates the adoption of these tech advances in areas that can positively impact the development of Latin America and the Caribbean.
The ITE/IPP Division is the departmental focal point for IT policy, architecture, security risk, and governance at the IDB. The Enterprise Architecture unit within ITE/IPP is responsible for the strategy and architecture of technological solutions, as well as the application of architecture best practices and implementation of emerging technologies.
In ITE/ITO, as part of the UX (User experience) team we work in collaboration with the development teams in order to achieve user-centered products and accompany them in their implementation. At the same time, our mission is to disseminate the UX methodology throughout the IDB department.
What you’ll do :
Full Stack Developer / Solution Architect:
- Analyze the business problem to be solved, gather requirements by asking the appropriate questions to understand current and desired situation in which a software application can help.
- Participate and accelerate the creation of Digital Solutions for ITE’s clients.
- Maintain and improve the TechLab’s AWS and Azure IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Explore and analyze APIs and software components to determine their potential to be used on real digital solutions.
- Research, learn, and apply new technologies to be share with the rest of the organization.
- Research and implement ways to accelerate projects using solutions, tools, or methodologies.
- Support the ITE clients as technology support.
- Coordinate technical efforts with vendors and ITO.
- Create solution documentation (technical documentation, user manuals, operational manuals, etc.)
- Help validate the solution with real users. Gather feedback and propose ways to enhance the solution.
UI/UX Specialist and support consultant for modernization and Front-End Developer
- Design, develop and extend frontend the frontend of organizational tools (Angular/React)
- Automate enterprise architecture processes and innovative solutions for workflow management (Power Platform)
- Support the implementation of the Integrations & Logging Framework and implement APIs and components (C#, Serverless, NodeJS) as needed.
- Define and establish a UX methodology to improve the usability of systems across the organization throughout the organization.
- Stay abreast of current and emerging trends in UX and UI design.
- Work closely with developers to convert user data into processed product or service requirements into actionable product or service requirements that feed into the development of prototypes and influence prototyping and influence product direction.
- Apply user research techniques and/or artifacts to design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user walkthroughs, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data in order to identify potential problems and devise compelling solutions.
- Participate in the implementation of our employee self-service modernization project, using the user-centered design concept and technology using the user-centered design concept and SAP Fiori technology as a basis.
- SAP Fiori as a foundation.
- Learn the basics of SAP HCM and SAP Fiori to understand the applications and apply UX knowledge to enhance standard services enhance standard services.
- Participate in an end-to-end implementation, understanding the project lifecycle stages, life cycle stages.
What you’ll need
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or equivalent in a Computer Science, Software engineering or related field. Information Technology.
- Experience: The ideal candidate has a development background while being well-versed in modern cloud-based and on-prem architecture; and has good knowledge of theories and methodologies of Reliability Engineering. At least 2 years of relevant professional experience in the software development industry; or the equivalent combination of education and experience .
o Should have an ability to troubleshoot application issues using APMs.
o Knowledge Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle, system performance, testing, architecture and programming; ability to monitor, measure, Agile/Scrum methodology.
o Strong understanding and optimize system performance.
o Full stack development: Solid grasp of web and backend application development
o Some experience with .NEt, Python or JavaOpen-Source ecosystem; tools, sources, licensing models
o Strong understanding and experience implementing authentications flows using Azure AD and MS API Management (e.g. OAuth 2, Open ID).
o Experience working with Cloud environments (e.g., Azure or AWS) different DBMS such as: MS-SQL, Oracle, DB2, mySQL, Hadoop, Cloudera, MongoDB
o Web development experience with front end technologies including HTML5, CSS3, .NET, Bootstrap.
o Experience using RESTful APIs
o Experience using Git or other distributed revision / version control system.
o Experience with Responsive Web Design and other software solutions like mobile apps (Android and iOS)
o Experience using clouds to create solutions that leverage cloud services.
o Knowledge on how to use Data Visualization tools (e.g. Power BI, Highcharts)
o Adopt a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate designs.
o Application management: Figma, interface design tools, guerrilla testing tools for user research guerrilla testing tools for user research.
o Applications management: Intermediate/advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience in some SAP module is desirable
- Languages: Proficiency in English and one of the other Bank official languages (Spanish, French or Portuguese) is required.
Key skills :
- Learn continuously.
- Collaborate and share knowledge.
- Focus on clients.
- Communicate and influence.
- Innovate and try new things.
Core and technical competencies:
- Ability to learn new technologies and methodologies.
- Ability for taking a concept and turn it into a software solution.
- Strong understanding of software development.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Experience with different programming languages, DBMS, and technologies.
- Knowledge of: UX Design and Web Development on software development standards and best practices.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks or projects effectively.
- Citizenship: You are a citizen of one of our 48-member countries.
- Consanguinity : You have no family members (up to the fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB, IDB Invest, or IDB Lab.
Type of contract and duration:
- Type of contract: International Consultant Full-Time.
- Length of contract: 24 months.
- Work Location: On site
What we offer
The IDB group provides benefits that respond to the different needs and moments of an employee’s life. These benefits include:
- A competitive compensation packages.
- Leaves and vacations : 2 days per month of contract + gender- neutral parental leave.
- Health Insurance : the IDB Group provides a monthly allowance for the purchase of health insurance.
- Savings plan : The IDB Group cares about your future, depending on the length of the contract, you will receive a monthly savings plan allowance.
- We offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your family when it applies.
- Hybrid and flexible work schedules.
- Development support: We offer learning opportunities to boost your professional profile such as seminars, 1:1 professional counseling, and much more.
- Health and wellbeing: Access to our Health Services Center which provides preventive care and health education for all employees.
- Other perks: Lactation Room, Daycare Center, Gym, Bike Racks, Parking, and others.
At the IDB Group we work so everyone brings their best and authentic selves to work, willing to try new approaches without fear, and where they are accountable and rewarded for their actions.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) are at the center of our organization. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and encourage women, LGBTQ+ people, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job interview process. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at email@example.com to request reasonable accommodation to complete this application.
Our Human Resources Team reviews carefully every application.
About the IDB Group
The IDB Group, composed of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), IDB Invest, and the IDB Lab offers flexible financing solutions to its member countries to finance economic and social development through lending and grants to public and private entities in Latin America and the Caribbean.
We work to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Through financial and technical support for countries working to reduce poverty and inequality, we help improve health and education and advance infrastructure. Our aim is to achieve development in a sustainable, climate-friendly way. With a history dating back to 1959, today we are the leading source of development financing for Latin America and the Caribbean. We provide loans, grants, and technical assistance; and we conduct extensive research. We maintain a strong commitment to achieving measurable results and the highest standards of integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Follow us : https://www.linkedin.com/company/inter-american-development-bank/
- External Opening Date: May 24, 2023
- External Closing Date: May 30, 2023
- External Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- External Contact Name: HR Service Center
- Job Field: Technical Support