Consultant for Ex-ante Analysis on the Law on Volunteering
Job no: 563236
Position type: Consultant
Location: Serbia Division/Equivalent: CEE/CIS
School/Unit: Republic of Serbia
Department/Office: Belgrade, Serbia
Categories: Adolescent Development
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion and gender parity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified candidates, irrespective of nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, gender identity and sexual orientation, as well as persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. UNICEF’s office is accessible to a certain extent, and employees are entitled to reasonable accommodations that are needed for ensuring equitable working conditions.
After ten years of experience in the application of the Law on Volunteering, and within the efforts to improve the environment for the development of volunteering in Serbia, the Minister of Labour, Employment, Veteran and Social Affairs (MoLEVSA) formed a Working Group to analyse the effects of the Law on Volunteering and the situation in the area of volunteering in Serbia. In 2020, the Working Group prepared the analysis of the effects of the Law on Volunteering in the Republic of Serbia, compliance with international standards and a review of comparative legislation and practice in the field of volunteering. The analyses led to conclusion that changes in legislation and public policies are needed, in order to improve volunteering in Serbia. In this regard, it is necessary to conduct an ex-ante analysis of the impact of the Law on Volunteering in Serbia.
Work Assignment Overview:
The consultant will be responsible for conducting consultations process with all actors, as well as a detailed Ex-ante impact analysis of the impact of Law on Volunteering in the Republic of Serbia, in line with the Law on the Planning System and according to the Regulation on the methodology of public policy management, impact analysis of public policies and regulations, and the content of individual public policy documents. It is expected that the selected consultant will work in close cooperation with the Head of the Department for Normative and Study-Analytical Affairs in the Field of Work at the MoLEVSA, UNICEF Youth and Adolescent Development Specialist, PMO office in Serbia, as well as a representative of the Republic Secretariat for Public Policies. The consultant is also expected to involve all relevant stakeholders, such as the National Youth Alliances, the National Volunteer Service of Serbia, youth organizations and for youth organizations, ministries in charge, members of the Working Group on Amendments to the Law on Volunteering, the business community, civil society and others interested actors conducting volunteering.
Duration of the assignment: July – October 2023 (part-time, remote)
- Determine the type of public policy document and/or regulations that need to be drafted or amended; analyze the effects of new solutions in these regulations, according to the new draft law.
- Actively participate in the process of consultation and presentation of the main findings of the Analysis of the effects of the Law on Amendments to the Law on Volunteering and the situation in the field of volunteering in the Republic of Serbia.
- Identify, collect and address all opinions and/or comments received within the consultation process in close cooperation with MOLEVSA, UNICEF and the Working Group for Analysis of the Effects of the Law on Volunteering and the situation in the field of volunteering in the Republic of Serbia.
- Finalize a Report on the conducted ex-ante analysis of the impact of the Law on Volunteering in the Republic of Serbia, which will also contain precise answers to the relevant questions from Annex 2-10 of the Regulation of the drafting regulations case.
- Advanced university degree in Law
- At least 5 years of work experience in the relevant field (preferably different policy issues – design, evaluation, monitoring and evaluation)
- Extensive experience with proven records in the preparation of at least two analyses of the impact assessment of strategic policy documents
- Excellent understanding of policy, institutional and legal frameworks in the Republic of Serbia
- Experience in working with national and international stakeholders (civil society, public administration, social partners, local organizations, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of the Law on the planning system in Serbia and accompanying bylaws
- Knowledge of children’s rights, gender issues, children’s participation, volunteering is an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of both Serbian and English
- Good analytical, writing and reporting skills
- Excellent communication skills
How to apply:
The application must include a financial proposal in RSD as a separate document, providing the total fee (gross amount).
- Please do not forget to specify your name in the financial proposal file while saving (to be uploaded online under the “Financial Proposal” tab).
- Please do not indicate financials anywhere else in the online application form, please mark “n/a” or “00” under the fee-related questions in the online application form.
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
For every child, you must demonstrate UNICEF’s core values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Sustainability.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Advertised: Jun 20 2023 Central Europe Daylight Time
Application close: Jul 10 2023 Central Europe Daylight Time
Back to list
- Closes Jul 10 2023Consultant for Ex-ante Analysis on the Law on Volunteering in Serbia
The consultant will be responsible for conducting consultations process with all actors, as well as a detailed Ex-ante impact analysis of the impact of Law on Volunteering in the Republic of Serbia, in line with the Law on the Planning System and according to the Regulation on the methodology of public policy management, impact analysis of public policies and regulations, and the content of individual public policy documents.