Consultancy: Development of the operational framework for mental health and psychosocial support of UNICEF Colombia, including technical assistance for its implementation
Job no: 562964
Position type: Consultant
Location: Colombia Division / Equivalent: Latin America and Caribbean Regional Off
School / Unit: Colombia
Department / Office: Bogota Colombia
UNICEF works in some of the most difficult places in the world to reach the most disadvantaged children in the world. To save their lives, defend their rights and help them reach their potential.
In 190 countries and territories, we work for all children and adolescents, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
UNICEF COLOMBIA seeks to contribute so that Colombian children and adolescents can live in a country where the State and society guarantee the realization of their rights, social inclusion and non-violence within the framework of national legislation, human rights instruments and international law ” We work with a special focus on the departments where children have the least opportunities: Chocó, Cauca, Nariño, Antioquia, Arauca, Córdoba, Amazonas, Putumayo, La Guajira and Caquetá.
We work so that the 16 million children and adolescents in Colombia have access to protection systems that allow them to live away from violence, abuse and exploitation, with a special focus on gender-based violence.
We strengthen institutions with knowledge and information in favor of the protection of children. Together with the government, we support children and adolescents affected by poverty, inequality and violence.
¡Meet us here !: https://unicef.org.co/que-hacemos
The UNICEF Office in Colombia signed with the National Government, a Cooperation Program and its respective Action Plan for the period from January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2024. These frameworks establish the general results and conditions within which cooperation with Colombian State institutions, the United Nations System, civil society, the private sector must function, etc.
The UNICEF Cooperation Program aims to guarantee that girls, boys and adolescents enjoy a strengthened protective environment, which guarantees their access and enjoyment of social services, the protection of their educational trajectories and the prevention of all kinds of violence against him. In particular, these actions will focus on three fundamental components: 1 ) support for the implementation of the public policy of Peace with Legality, in the PDET municipalities, with a focus on the inclusion of children and adolescents, 2 ) the promotion of migration as a development factor, especially in the promotion and protection of the rights of migrant, returnee and host community children and adolescents and 3 ) the Sustainable Development Goals,
Purpose of the Consultancy
- Validate the mental health operational framework of UNICEF Colombia, which allows the technical and methodological alignment of mental health actions in all areas and programs of UICEF Colombia:
- Define validation methodology
- Implementation validation process
- Adjust document according to validation process results
- Share the final document with all areas
- Provide technical assistance to UNICEF program areas in incorporating the operational framework into projects
- Document the validation process
- Provide specialized advice on mental health ( includes: Complex Trauma; care and protection environments, psychoeducation on emotions; stress and coping; parenting; strengthening therapeutic skills; psychological first aid ) to UNICEF projects and strategies in the area of health and nutrition, to achieve its alignment with the operational framework and compliance with goals and objectives. Give specialized advice to mental health projects in the area of health and nutrition to incorporate the operational framework and the fulfillment of goals and objectives.
- Support the review and adjustment of technical documents
- Prepare progress reports
- Carry out monitoring of indicators and results
- Provide assistance to partners, actors and the health and nutrition team in the operational framework of mental health
- At the institutional level, strengthening of Therapeutic Skills and Psychological First Aid and Crisis Intervention
- Prepare and implement a training and technical assistance plan for the psychosocial and health care teams and UNICEF partners, in relation to the promotion of mental health and prevention of mental disorders in children and adolescents under the operational framework in the context of development and humanitarian
- Identify training needs
- Develop training plan and methodologies. Must include outcome measurement
- Implementation training plan.
- Document training process
- Register training in a tool defined by the area of health and nutrition
- Prepare a proposal to implement an intervention strategy in mental health and psychosocial support in a family and community environment, which incorporates Stress and Coping, Psychoeducation in emotions ( emotional management and body awareness ) Parenting.
KNOW THE DETAIL OF THE TERMS OF REFERENCE HERE:
Terms of Reference_consultant 2023_PUB mental health.pdf
*If you cannot see the attached document, go to the global vacancies page https://jobs.unicef.org/en-us/listing/ search for vacancies in Colombia. There you will find the information of the vacancy, you will be able to download the ToR and apply.
Note: When applying to the call, please do not attach a technical proposal or an economic proposal. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to submit such proposals. The economic proposal must include all the necessary services for the development of the consultancy, including administrative expenses, travel expenses, social security, etc.
- Professional in psychiatry, psychology
- 8 years of experience in comprehensive public health programs or projects in mental health or psychosocial support with children and adolescents
- Desirable experience in mental health interventions in the migrant population
- 4 years of experience working in mental health at the departmental and municipal level
Additional requirements for hiring as a consultant…
- Photocopy of the citizenship card
- EPS affiliation certification
- Bank Certification
For each boy, girl and adolescent..,
For UNICEF it is essential that those who want to be part of this great mission live our values of Care, Respect, Trust, Integrity and Responsibility, and likewise demonstrate the basic competencies of the organization.
To learn about our values and competencies framework: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its human team, and encourages all candidates, regardless of their disability, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, religion or ethnic origin, to participate in fulfilling the mission of the Organization from its different types of relationship. In this sense, the Organization is interested in having people committed to promoting gender equality and non-discrimination.
UNICEF promotes an institutional culture based on accountability and a policy of zero tolerance for any behavior that goes against the values, goals and objectives that the United Nations and the Organization have committed to protect. This includes the prohibition of any incidents of sexual abuse and exploitation by staff hired by the organization or implementing partners, as well as sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination in the workplace. UNICEF also adheres to the strict principles of the protection of children and adolescents. Therefore, all candidates who participate in our recruitment processes will be subject to rigorous references and background checks, and are expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Persons recruited under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the United Nations Staff Regulations and Rules and UNICEF policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits under the itself ( such as licenses and health insurance coverage ). Your conditions of service will be governed by your contract and the General Conditions of Contract for Consultant and Individual Contractor Services. Individual consultants and contractors are responsible for determining their tax liability and for the payment of taxes and / or duties, in accordance with local or other laws.
Warned: Jun 12 2023 SA Pacific Standard Time
Application close: Jun 19 2023 SA Pacific Standard Time
Back to list Refer a friend
- Closes Jun 19 2023Consultancy: Development of the operational framework for mental health and psychosocial support of UNICEF Colombia, including technical assistance for its implementation in Colombia
Unicef Colombia is looking for a consultant who is passionate about mental health and psychosocial support! If you want to be part of a team committed to the well-being of girls, boys and adolescents, this is your opportunity. We are looking for someone with technical skills and experience in developing operational frameworks as well as implementing mental health strategies. Join us and make a difference! If you are a professional in psychiatry or psychology, with a master’s degree in mental health or related topics, this is a unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children and adolescents in Colombia.