Computer support professional for monitoring platform for the implementation of project initiatives + Forests
Job advertisement : Jun 22, 2023
Publication cancellation date : Jul 6, 2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FLCHI
Job type : Temporary work
Requirement Type: NPP ( National Project Personnel )
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Chile-Santiago
Duration: 3 months
Position Number: N / A
FAO seeks to ensure gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and its international consultants, in order to serve the Member States of the Organization in the best possible way in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of sex, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of under-represented or under-represented Member States and persons with disabilities with the necessary qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications.
- All persons working for FAO must comply with the highest standards of professional integrity and conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a zero tolerance policy for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The main objective of FAO country offices, headed by an FAO Representative, is to help governments develop policies, programs and projects to achieve food security and reduce hunger and malnutrition, help develop the agricultural, fisheries, forestry sectors and use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable way.
This vacancy is part of the project approved by the Green Climate Fund “ Chile REDD-plus Payment for Results period 2014-2016 ” than FAO, in association with the National Forest Corporation of Chile, it will execute to increase the resilience of ecosystems and native forest, and contribute to mitigating climate change in Chile. The project will contribute to reducing the social, environmental and economic vulnerability generated by climate change, desertification, land degradation and drought, in the forests and local communities that depend on them in 6 regions of the country ( Maule, Biobío, Ñuble, Araucanía, Los Ríos and Los Lagos ).
National specialists represent an important source of expertise for FAO and make their specialized contributions worldwide to achieve the strategic objectives of the Organization. In order for FAO to attract and employ the best possible experts in the wide range of technical areas of its mandate, a competitive selection process has been introduced
Under the general supervision of the National Project Coordinator and the direct supervision of the MRV Section Chief of the DCCSE CONAF.
Field of specialization
The main objective of the Computer Support Professional is to support the CONAF Measurement, Reporting and Verification ( MRV ) team, in two of the computer systems that manage and that support the National Strategy for Climate Change within the framework of the FAO Project + Forests.
Tasks and responsibilities
– Review, make adjustments to the OpenSurface tool and deploy. OpenSurface is a computer tool based on the OpenDroneMap ( ODM ) web version that allows the loading and processing of image data from RPAS, drone or UAV flights. It is required to make the necessary adjustments so that the application is made available on CONAF’s Climate Change servers, configure the corresponding DNS to allow access to the online web application and install and configure the Lets’Encrypt SSL certificate, to guarantee secure communication. In addition, a revision and adjustment to the source code should be made, in order to simplify the system and identify and solve performance and optimization problems. This work will be carried out by the professional hired or hired,and will be supported and supervised by the Computer Consultant of the MRV team for the ENCCRV.
– Make adjustments to the Co-Benefit System ( SCB ) that allow its integrated operation together with other systems to the ENCCRV Platform ( https://plataforma.enccrv.cl). The ENCCRV platform has been designed to support the storage, standardization, management and administration of information on ENCCRV property implementation projects, with an emphasis on the elements related to monitoring, the semi-automatic generation of forest carbon reports and calculations. The ENCCRV Platform is made up of the Predial Monitoring System ( SSP ), the Safeguards Information System ( SIS ) and the Territorial Prioritization System ( SPT ), along with others linked to property implementation. The activity considers that, once the integration is carried out, a period of white-gait tests is carried out,which must account for the correct operational operation of the integrated tool.
The SCB should be available to use data from SSP, on the ENCCRV implementation projects in different modalities, therefore, the implementation and management of REST APIs is essential to facilitate integration between both systems.
– Support in making modifications and improvements to the current ENCCRV computer systems
– Maintain constant communication with the CONAF MRV team: due to the administration of the Co-benefit System and OpenSurface.
CANDIDATES OR CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED IN ARRANGE TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
– Profession: Civil or Computer and Computer Execution Engineering, or similar.
– Chilean nationality.
– Spanish domain ( level C or higher ), and basic English.
– Experience at least 3 years in web-based software development.
– Knowledge of spatial data ( vectors and raster )
– Mastery of the following technologies: o Node.js
o Docker and Docker-compose
o PostgreSQL + PostGIS
FAO core competencies
– Results-based approach
– Establishing effective relationships
– Knowledge exchange and continuous improvement
– Experience in version control with GIT and use of GitHub.
– Experience in projects developed with Node.js, Express.js and React.js.
– Experience in projects developed with TypeScript, Nest.js and AngularJS
– Experience in projects developed with Python.
– Conocimientos sólidos en el diseño y desarrollo de APIs REST.
– Experiencia en la puesta en marcha de aplicaciones web en servidores Ubuntu y Nginx.
– Experiencia en diseño y gestión de estructuras de bases de datos y su vinculación con herramientas de datos espaciales y WebMapping.
– Disponibilidad inmediata y permanente.
– Deseable conocimiento en las siguientes tecnologías:
- Sistema de indexación geoespacial H3 de Uber
- La FAO no cobra tasas en ninguna etapa del proceso de contratación (solicitud, entrevista, tramitación).
- Las solicitudes incompletas no se tendrán en cuenta. Si necesita ayuda o tiene dudas, contacte con: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the expiration of the application deadline will not be accepted.
- We inform you that FAO will only consider academic degrees or credentials obtained from a teaching institution included in the World Database on Higher Education, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For any other questions visit the FAO website on employment: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/ .
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all and integrity and transparency.
PRESENTATION OF REQUESTMENTS
- If you want to apply, go to the FAO Recruitment Website ( Employment in FAO ) and complete your online profile.
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. Only applications received through the contracting portal will be considered.
- We advise candidates to submit their application sufficiently in advance of the expiration of the term.
- If you need help, contact: Careers@fao.org .
IN THE LOCALS OF FAO IT IS FORBIDDEN TO SMOKE