Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
The Spanish Section of Medecins Sans Frontieres is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Midwife Supervisor
Locations: Shinkafi & Zurmi – Zamfara
Contract: 208 working hours per month
Employment Type: 6 months
Possibility of extension: Yes
- Supervising the clinical activities and guaranteeing the quality of midwifery care in the department according to MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards in order to provide a high-quality Mother and Child Health (MCH) care to the population.
- Follow-up the implantation of all SHR activities in the supported health facilities
- Ensure proper referral linkage of SRH, SGBV & SAC Cases from PHCs, TBAs, & CHW
- Collaborate in data collection with PHCs staffs by ensuring accuracy & reliability of data completeness Provide quality care for victims of all sexual violence cases
- Anticipate and detect danger signs from pregnant women and newborns and propose solutions to medical doctors, MWAM/MAM and PMR.
- Ensure the availability of BEMONC guidelines & implementation of SRH, SGBV and SAC activities at Hospital & PHCs
- Coordinate, plan and train Community MWs and PHCs focal points on SRH and SGBV case management according to MSF protocol
- Moniter the availability of drugs, inventory and requests Coordinate, organize and follow up trainings on capacity building
- Review meetings for supported PHCs staffs, TBAs and CHW on SRH & SGBV Activities
- Ensure availability of needed medical materials, equipment, drugs and manpower
- Monitor inventory protocols for medication, expired drugs, availability, IPC Protocols and implementation
- Ensure linkage of all SGBV cases with MH
- Establish referral pathway of SGBV and SRH cases from PHCCsc and communities
- Document all referral slips form and coordinate administrative processes (exit-paper, transfer-paper, referral notes, etc
- General Nursing & Midwifery Certificate. Training in public health will be an asset
- Minimum of 2 years experience as Midwife and previous coordination and supervisor experience is more advantageous.
- Mission Language mandatory.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
Gross Monthly Salary
According to MSF National Salary Scale.
Application Closing Date
10th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: MSF encourages women and people with disabilities to apply.