Note: This is a fully remote position with preference for individuals available for meetings around the EST and EAT time zones.
Communications Manager with Design and Fundraising Expertise
The Share Trust is a non-profit whose mission is to support community driven collective action globally. We believe that people should be in charge of what happens in their own communities, and yet only a small fraction of international aid funding makes it to local actors driving the change they want to see.
The Share Trust aims to address this issue holistically, working across an ecosystem to shift power, process and funding to local actors. We employ three core strategies:
- Supporting Self Help Groups (SHGs), one of the most evidence based and cost-effective approaches to drive community driven development. These groups of 10-25 people meet every week to save, start small businesses and support each other, effectively harnessing the transformative power of gathering to create extraordinary impact.
- Partnering with coalitions of local and national organizations (LNOs) as they co-design and implement coordinated programming to meet their community’s highest priorities. The Local Coalition Accelerator (LCA) is a flagship initiative of the Share Trust and the Warande Advisory Centre—currently being implemented in Uganda, Bangladesh and Nigeria—that provides both financial and technical support to the coalitions over three years. LCA coalitions work with SHGs to ensure decision making and programming are grounded with the most marginalized by channeling and amplifying their voices to drive change; and
- Bridging the gap between donors (bilateral and multilateral), philanthropy, international practitioners and community driven collective initiatives through research and advocacy to fundamentally change the way that international assistance is designed and delivered.
We are seeking an experienced, highly-motivated, and strategic Communications Manager to join our team. We are a small and rapidly growing organization, working across numerous countries and time zones. It is a dynamic and innovative work environment, with each team member leading and contributing across a range of functions. This role requires a talented individual who possesses not only exceptional communication and design skills but also a proven track record in fundraising and campaign management.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Communication Strategy and Execution:
- Develop and implement comprehensive communication strategies to promote the organization’s initiatives, projects, and events.
- Create compelling content for various platforms, including social media, websites, newsletters, press releases, and promotional materials.
- Manage our website and social media platforms
- Monitor and manage our online presence to maintain consistent messaging and engage with the audience effectively.
- Collaborate with different departments to gather information and align communication efforts with organizational goals. Monitor and analyze the effectiveness of communication and fundraising efforts using relevant metrics and data.
Graphic Design and Multimedia:
- Produce visually appealing and impactful graphics, infographics, videos, and other multimedia content.
- Ensure that all visual materials adhere to the organization’s brand guidelines and effectively convey the intended message.
Fundraising and Campaign Management:
- Develop and execute fundraising strategies to secure financial support from individual donors, corporate sponsors, and grant-making organizations.
- Manage donor databases and track contributions, ensuring accurate and up-to-date records.
- Organize and coordinate fundraising campaigns, events, and initiatives to engage donors and supporters.
- Work with the development team to identify and pursue new fundraising opportunities and grant applications.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated expertise in graphic design, multimedia content creation, and proficiency in design platforms/software (e.g., Canva; Adobe Creative Suite).
- Solid understanding of fundraising principles and experience in executing successful fundraising campaigns.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail and proficiency in crafting persuasive and engaging content.
- Familiarity with social media management, email marketing, and website content management systems (i.e. Mailchimp, Squarespace)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships with partners, donors and stakeholders.
- Familiarity with nonprofit fundraising and global philanthropy, grant management, writing and communications.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment and independently manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Passionate about community driven solutions, women’s empowerment, social justice, localization
- Comfortable working in a multi-cultural environment across multiple time zones
- This role will require some domestic and international travel
Education and experience:
- Proven experience (minimum of 4 years) in communications, preferably within the aid sector.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, International Relations, or a related field.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted by September 17th 2023. To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Communications Manager” in the subject line.