Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) is a non-governmental organization dully registered with Nigerian government through Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC/IT NO: 91613). Existing since October 2016, AHSF focuses on improving the quality of life of vulnerable population across communities in Northeast Nigeria. AHSF operates both in emergency and developmental context and have its program principally rooted in identifying gaps that affects population or increases vulnerability of population and bridging those gaps through resource base planning and implementation.Our Mission is to Improve the quality of lives of Children, Women, Elderly and other Marginalized Vulnerable groups through Human Development and Interventions to Strengthen Communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Supervisor
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Expected Resumption Date: As soon as possible
Number of Openings: 2
- The program is aimed at providing emergency rainy season lifesaving integrated PHC intervention and response to cholera, malaria and other water borne diseases in Mafa and Bana LGAs of Borno State, Nigeria.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Deputy Health Coordinator, the clinical Supervisor will be responsible for the following main activities:
- Providing technical and operational support to mobile clinic staff
- Management and leadership of Clinic team
- Collection and analysis of health & pharmaceutical data
- Supporting the development of coherent project implementation strategy
- Reporting and attendance to different meetings.
- Manage Community Health Workers.
- Liaise with medical trainers to ensure the delivery of quality PHC services to the target population.
- Providing technical support to mobile clinic staff
- Train staff on medical protocols including hygiene protocols
- Ensure use and respect of medical protocols through observation and supervision of medical and paramedic’s staff
- Implement regular on-the-job trainings and supportive supervision according to a weekly/monthly schedule
- Train and supervise CHW working in mobile clinic areas
- Establish mechanisms of providing regular weekly/monthly feedback on statistics and health activities to Clinic Staff
- Plan and implement thematic capacity building or specific trainings according to the identified needs for staff.
- Participate in establishing/improving referral system
- Supervise drugs stock management in mobile clinics and OTP
- Work in close collaboration with the medical trainers to ensure comprehensive on-the-job training for each of the specialities: SRH, PHC, EPI, Nutrition, LAB,
- Oversee and support the implementation of best practices introduced by trainers and HPC
- Operational Management of Clinic team.
- Act as focal point for liaison with community leaders and representatives in clinic area of operation
- Lead on coordination with other actors, including UN, INGO and GoN, in clinic area of operation
- Provide regular, timely updates to Health Coordinator and Deputy health coordinator
- Organize the weekly schedule of the Clinic team to ensure the smooth running of the activities
- Ensure that Clinic medical and paramedics staff respect their assigned tasks
- Provide strong leadership to ensure Clinic staff understand and work according to AHSF principles
- Collection and analysis of health & pharmaceutical data
- Ensure the implementation of data collection protocols, working closely with the database officer and HPC
- Ensure accurate collection of HF data.
- Monitor the drugs consumption by establishing/maintaining mechanisms of consumption record and inform the Health Program Coordinator and Pharmacist in case of any unusual consumption, or stock shortages
- Identify and rectify gaps or weaknesses in medical activities by using monitoring and supervision tools
- Ensure rapid communication of suspect communicable disease to HPC
- Developing coherent project implementation strategy
- Assist in preparing and implementing operational action plan for MC and/or OT component in collaboration with coordination team.
- Assist in the implementation of the project activities in collaboration with project coordination team
- Assist Health Program Coordinator and Deputy Health coordinator in preparing data collection tools as well as medical and paramedics protocols
- Reporting and attendance to different meetings
- Prepare weekly activities report to submit to the Deputy Health Coordinator
- Compile epidemiological reports for inclusion in medical reports or any other relevant reports
- Support the pharmacist to compile drug consumption report per month.
- Participate in a pro-active way to internal meetings (medical, security).
Qualifications and Requirements
- Education (Essential): Diploma RN / RM / Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, MPH in Public health will be an added advantage.
- Experience: 2 years and or field experiences.
- Confidentiality, Team Player, ability to work with little or no supervision, people management, Report Writiing.
- Additional Skills: Ability to work in low resource field environments.
- Language Skills: Fluent in English (Speaking, Reading, Writing), Kanuri and Hausa are added advantage.
- Personal Skills: Ability to work under tight deadline team-work, negotiation skills and flexible working hours.
- Work experience with other NGO’s would be an asset.
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Good relationship management/ advocacy skills
- Advanced knowledge of and experience using MS office packages including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook among other
- Must possess good data analysis, report writing, interpretation, and presentation skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership/mentoring skills, supervisory and good interpersonal skills.
- Patient counselling
- High level of integrity and adherence to professional ethics
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight timeframes
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a good listener that is easy to talk to.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) and amongst beneficiaries served by Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF).
Application Closing Date
30th September 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants who applied initially, should kindly reapply
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.