ACDI/VOCA – For over 50 years and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 34 projects in 26 countries and revenues of approximately $174 million.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Party, Nigeria Livestock
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Long-term
- Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Chief of Party, Nigeria Livestock
- ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Chief of Party for an anticipated livestock program in Nigeria funded by USAID. The Activity will explore practical, cost effective, and multi-stakeholder adaptation solutions to improve livelihoods of poor and vulnerable communities in target states.
- The Chief of Party will provide leadership management and general technical direction to the Activity. The program is anticipated to start in late December 2022 and this position will be based in Nigeria.
- Lead the overall strategic planning, implementation, and management of the program
- Provide technical leadership to activities that improve agricultural productivity, livelihoods agroecosystem resilience, livestock and nutrition using a market systems approach
- Ensure an integrated vision among different components and private and public sector actors and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract
- Establish administrative framework to monitor and assure progress toward the goals and objectives of the program
- Manage relationships with counterparts at various levels of government, NGOs, private sector associations, and stakeholders from international assistance projects
- Ensure quality control and timeliness of all deliverables
- Prepare and supervise work plans, financial, logistical, and other documents
- Serve as principal liaison with USAID/Nigeria, institutions, and client country partners to exchange information and develop professional relationships
- Provide managerial and technical leadership to develop an effective integrated approach of program components, beneficiaries, government actors, private sector partners, and other stakeholders
- Manage a team of technical experts to ensure that cross-cutting issues are effectively integrated into the project implementation in alignment with the programs’ results framework
- Monitor program indicators, evaluate program results and guide program implementation to achieve maximum impact
- Develop systems that support collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) approach, including establishing a culture of adaptive management
- Administer the project’s financial oversight and procedures, ensuring compliance with established ACDI/VOCA’s accounting principles and USAID regulations
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Livestock Management, Agriculture, Animal Sciences, or relevant field is required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 10 years of experience implementing agricultural value chain development activities
- Prior experience as a Chief of Party for USAID-funded activities strongly preferred
- Proven experience coordinating with other donors, government institutions, and private sector organizations, effectively interacting with municipal government counterparts and local organizations
- Experience in Nigeria and experience in the livestock sector is a plus
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills
- Fluency in English (written and oral) required; Knowledge of regional languages is a plus.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.