General Description of the Organization:
Ghiras Al-Nahda is a Nonprofit Non-governmental humanitarian organization working to empower people through fulfilling their basic needs and seeking to improve community stability and resilience.
The role of the Case Management supervisor is to lead case workers, identify and assess the needs of the most vulnerable and at-risk children, and develop, implement, report, and follow up on a management plan to ensure the best interests of the child
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise and monitor the Case Management process and ensure that cases under assistance receive all the care and support needed.
- Ensure and monitor the correct documentation of cases by reviewing files and databases. Ensure confidentiality of information, and that data protection and information-sharing protocols are respected.
- Support individual cases where required and regularly monitor all aspects of case management services.
- Provide capacity building to case management staff to support beneficiaries.
- Review, analyze, and report on trends in case management and follow up with the protection officer and project manager to find solutions,
- Facilitate and attend case meetings for complex cases.
- Ensure access to activity material and logistic support and set eligibility criteria for material in collaboration with the protection officer/Project Manager.
- Provide briefings on child safeguarding and appropriate behavior with children to all case management staff. Ensure any concerns are reported and addressed immediately.
- Ensure that the identified and referred cases are followed up in an agreed time frame.
- Send periodic reports to the case management’s supervisor and protection officer about the situations, achievements, and challenges during the work.
- Find cases from the community they work with.
- Coordinate with other institutions in the region to ensure that the necessary cases are referred to them upon disposal.
- Prepare work plans and submit them to the line manager.
- Participate in regular meetings with parents and prepare a full report on the psychological state of children in general.
- Preparing plans to raise awareness about child protection
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- B.A. in Social Sciences, Psychology, Sociology, or Community Development or related to this subject.
- Previous experience working with children, case management, and supervising.
- Fluency in Arabic is written and spoken, and English is highly desirable.
- Educational qualification (education, psychological guidance, relevant specification)
- Work experience in PSS and Child Protection.
- Computer skills (Word and Excel).
- Experience in dealing with children.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Good knowledge and good relationships in the work area.
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Adherence to the standards and foundations of humanitarian action and children’s rights.
GAN is committed to creating a truly inclusive, effective, and representative organizational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees, and eliminating discrimination. In addition, GAN is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex, or religion. GAN is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position.
Child Protection Policy:
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to GAN, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. GAN is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation. We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
GAN expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of abuse, or harassment (sexual or otherwise), based on race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, or disability. GAN employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual, or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside GAN.
How to apply
If you are interested in the position, kindly fill out the link https://forms.gle/sq9ti1K8rS8gtFWe7 by 30 Sep 2023, Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline for submission of applications.