TPO uses a community-based approach that emphasizes the identification and use of existing traditional/local structures and the transmission of new technologies. Some services are provided directly by TPO staff and others in support of local, community structures.
Job Title: Case Management Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State.
Job Role / Summary
The Case Management Officer will be responsible for providing direct support and care for high-risk cases of persons with specific needs (PSN) in Borno, including case management. He/She is in charge of supervising the activities of the Case workers to ensure qualitative and effective case management.
Individual Case Management:
- Identify and receive referrals regarding individuals and families with specific needs who are detected during registration, psychosocial, outreach and other activities.
- Conduct household visits and center-based interviews to assess the needs of individuals and families.
- Provide information to individuals and families about their rights and entitlements, including what services and are available (including beyond the scope of services provided by TPO).
- Work with identified individuals and families to develop and implement an action plan in accordance with their needs, capacities and goals.
- Offer individuals and families’ choices and options, including seeking out alternatives when the needed services are not available, and actively involve individuals and/or families in decision making that will affect them.
- Assess risk and support individuals and families to understand risks relevant to their situation.
- Link individuals and families with support groups and networks, and other community based resources, as appropriate.
- Directly provide psychosocial counseling and support the coordination of provision of services by other specialized service providers in accordance with the needs of individuals and families.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring, review and follow up of the services provided to cases.
- Ensure complete and updated documentation related to each individual case.
- Determine if and when it is appropriate to discontinue follow up to individuals and families (case closure).
- Be accountable to individuals, families and communities for the services they provide.
Data management and reporting:
- Manage, file and store data, ensuring the confidentiality of the information collected and the services provided.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly work plans in a timely manner
- Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation tools and report on problems in the implementation of the program.
- Participate in weekly reporting and planning meetings to ensure adherence to standards of care, quality case management and reporting requirements.
Coordination and representation:
- Contribute to the maintenance of an up-to-date service mapping of the service providers operating in the area and take proactive steps to remain informed about the available services.
- Receive cases referred from other agencies
- Provide feedback of actions taken to other agencies, when necessary and appropriate considering confidentiality requirements.
- Lobby on behalf of individuals and families to access services and support individuals and families to effectively represent their views, needs and capacities in all meetings affecting them.
- University Degree in Law, Human Rights, Refugee Studies, Social Sciences or other related discipline
- Knowledge of Hausa or Kanuri is a must
- Relevant professional experience of three (3) years, preferably in emergency and/or development context
- Prior experience or familiarity with persons of concern (including internally displaced persons and refugees-returnees) would be a distinct advantage
- Prior experience or familiarity with NGO sector would be an advantage
- Knowledge of international protection and human rights legal standards Knowledge
- skills and experience in community development and mobilization.
- Experience in conducting training needs analysis/assessments and developing training programs for a broad range of audiences from different institutional levels.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Excellent spoken and written English and relevant computer skills.
- Full respect for client/organization confidentiality.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and respect for people with special needs and other vulnerability.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
- Excellent Report writing skills.
- Excellent analysis and reporting skills.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Punctuality and respect for applicable rules and procedures.
- Ethical and transparent decision-making.
- High regard toward preserving confidentiality of work-related information and data;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of local communities and customary rules; Independent work, i.e. with minimal supervision and under pressure
- Self-motivation, goal/result-orientation and team work
- Flexibility, creativeness, tolerance and maturity.
- Computer/IT literacy (OS Windows/Vista/Linux, MS Office, Internet etc.
- Knowledge of local languages
- Experience in management of a team
- People of those locations are highly encouraged to apply
- Experience in designing and facilitating training sessions
- Understanding of the regional dynamics of the conflict
- Experience in working in an insecure environment
Method of Application
- Interested candidate should click on the link below to apply. Women are encouraged to apply.
- Application should be sent on or before 27th of August, 2022.