Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Capital Finance Officer
Employment Type: Full Time
Experience Level: Mid Level
Proposed Start Date: July 2022
- We are is looking to fill the role of the Capital Finance Officer who will be responsible to provide support to the mission financial plan updating and management to achieve mission overall budget management strategy.
- Generate the Summary of All Costs in Euro Currency for Budget Follow Up preparation twice a month;
- Review balances on the Financial Plan and proposes ways of reducing risk to the Finance Specialist.
- Check that the monthly timesheet budget allocation on the online timesheet platform aligns with the forecast.
- Follow-up with the HR department and respective managers on any wrong budget allocations on the online timesheet platform.
- Generate the Summary of All Costs in Euro Currency for proposal budget preparation;
- Assist in preparing budget proposals
- Supervise the Capital Finance Assistants and ensure proper verification of documents being checked.
- Encourage collaboration between the assistants and the different departments e.g. internal audit, logistics, and HR to ensure compliance.
- A University Degree / HND qualification in Finance, Accounting or a related Business Management field is required;
- A relevant professional membership (ACCA, ICAN) is an added advantage;
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Accountancy and Finance;
- Exceptional organization and planning skills, ability to manage and follow work plans;
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, be a team player;
- Able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistic, and team needs;
- Champion of ACF Charter values of: Professionalism, Transparency, Neutrality, Access to Victims and Non-Discrimination;
- Previous ACF experience, previous INGO experience;
- Experience with donor-funded programs;
- Experience supervising others.
Starting Basic Salary
N281,063 per month (excluding other benefits).
Application Closing Date
8th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.