Job Identification : 14216
Locations : Brazzaville, Congo-Brazzaville
Posting Date : 10/18/2023, 09:09 AM
Apply Before : 11/03/2023, 09:09 AM
Job Schedule : Full time
Grade : G7
Vacancy Type : Fixed Term
Rotational/Non Rotational : Non-Rotational
Contract Duration : 1 Year with Possibility for Extension
Education and Work Experience : Bachelor’s Degree – 4 year(s) experience OR High School certificate – 7 year(s) experience
Experience with International Development Organization
Required Languages : French
Proficiency in English is required
Timeline Vacancy : 2 Weeks
Category Job : Administration/Operations/Support
Under the overall superstition of the Resident Representative and under the direct supervision of the’Assistant Representative, the’associated(e) to the Program supports the design, design and, planning and management of the UNFPA country programme by managing data, providing logistical support, monitoring project implementation and following up on recommendations.
The’ Programme Assistant executes established procedural systems and contributes to the creation of substantive knowledge through the compilation, synthesis and analysis of information related to population and development problems, including, of SR and gender. It is instrumental in facilitating the execution of programmes/projects by using and developing appropriate mechanisms and systems, and ensuring compliance with established procedures.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the main agency of the United Nations to offer a world where every pregnancy is desired, every birth is safe and the potential of every young person is realized. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2022-2025) focuses on three transformative outcomes: ending preventable maternal deaths ; ending unmet family planning needs ; and ; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are threatened, we need staff with principles and ethics that embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them with courage and full conviction.
UNFPA is looking for candidates who transform, inspire and produce high impact and sustainable results; we need transparent staff, he said, exceptional in the way it manages the resources entrusted to it and is committed to delivering excellence in program results.
Statement of functions based on results (focused primarily on individual contribution,’engagement, the’ communities of interest and the impact of action)
He/She will be responsible for :
- Participate in the identification and formulation of the country programme and its component projects, compiling and analysing information on the role of UNFPA in the country, including, supporting the preparation of project documents and work plans and the preparation of tables and statistical data.
- Support the evaluation of project and program activities, by establishing and implementing systematic mechanisms to assess the achievement of outcomes and suggesting corrective actions, as appropriate; and ; conduct field visits ; participate in review meetings and assessment missions, and prepare regular contributions to status and progress reports.
- Support the regular implementation of assigned projects, in coordination with the national counterpart and project staff, monitor the provision of project contributions and facilitate the participation of the national counterpart in training activities and field visits.
- Provide logistical support to projects by coordinating the preparation and organisation of project-related meetings, workshops and events. Accompany project staff and office colleagues on national execution and program policies and procedures.
- Support the efforts to raise awareness and mobilize resources of the’UNFPA country office, by establishing and maintaining a network of contacts with donors and the public. Contribute to the organization and conduct of donor meetings and public information events, including the preparation of information materials relevant to these events.
- Contribute to the implementation of knowledge management strategies to gather lessons learned and best practices, sharing them with management for future planning.
- Support the planning and management of the’UNFPA country programme by making available and managing the data, logistical support and monitoring of the execution of the project in accordance with the recommendations, and, closely related to the Office’s Monitoring and Evaluation subprogramme.
- Contribute to the creation of substantial knowledge through the compilation, synthesis and’analysis of information related to population and development problems, reproductive health, gender equality, and, as well as the fight against violence based on gender, including in humanitarian situations.
- Facilitate the execution of programmes and projects by using and developing appropriate mechanisms and systems, and by ENSURING compliance with procedures.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with all program and project teams. Prepare and follow-up on emails related to the Program.
- Perform any other professional duties requested by the supervisor or Representative.
Qualifications and experience required
- A high school diploma is required. To hold a degree in the field of social sciences (health, population, law, sociology, demography, etc.) or in a similar discipline is desirable.
- Have 7 years of relevant professional experience in the management of programs/projects in the public or private sector.
- Have a’team spirit and the ability to’learn, train, and demonstrate’initiative.
- Being able to work under pressure.
- Have a very good knowledge of the’application of policy manuals and procedures in organizations. Knowledge of UNFPA procedures is an asset ;
- Be of Congolese nationality (RC) ;
- Computer knowledge : Have a perfect skill in desktop application software :
- Good practice of office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher ;
- Experience in the practice of ERP (Quantum) or Databases would be an asset
- Experience in the United Nations system or in a multilateral context, highly desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of the French language (oral and written expression)
- A good knowledge of’anglais is desirable.
- Be a model of’integrity
- Demonstrate a total commitment to’UNFPA and the United Nations system
- Be open to cultural diversity
- Being open to change
Functional skills :
- Responding to the rights and needs of staff members
- Provide logistical support
- Manage data
- Manage documents, correspondence and reports
- Manage information and workflow
- Planning, organizing and multitasking
- Support analysis of financial data
- Achieve results
- Have a sense of responsibility
- Acquire and demonstrate’a professional expertise and’a business sense
- Conduct analytical and strategic thinking
- Working as a team. S’auto-manage and manage relationships
- Communicating in a powerful way.