Posting End Date
Purpose of Job
The Analyst contributes to all phases of the project cycle of an investment project by the EBRD’s Telecommunications, Media and Technology (“TMT”) Banking Team, including project origination, structuring, execution, implementation and monitoring.
The Analyst will take responsibility for the tasks assigned to them by the operation leader as well as more senior members of the project team, or more senior bankers, which may include undertaking comprehensive due diligence, including financial, market, integrity and EBRD policy compliance, as well as effective post-signing implementation and monitoring.
The Analyst carries out these tasks as part of a project team under the guidance of the operation leader or under the supervision/guidance of more senior bankers.
Investments in the TMT sector are at the core of the Bank’s activities. The TMT Team focuses on projects in segments such as telecommunications, digital infrastructure, online, software, as well as new technology companies, and offers a wide range of financing products, such as tailored long-term capex loans, acquisition financings, equity / hybrid investments, as well as investments in debt and equity capital market issuances. Transactions may be accompanied by Policy Dialogue and Technical Cooperation (“TC”), aimed at promoting the Bank’s objective to accelerating the digital transition in EBRD’s Countries of Operation.
The Project life-cycle of such transactions hereby involves several stages from origination to signing, followed by implementation and monitoring until full completion and repayment or exit. All the stages involve different tasks such as business marketing, project due diligence analysis, structuring and internal approval, negotiation and signing of project agreements, disbursement and monitoring.
The role of the Analyst is to contribute, as a project team member, to the structuring, drafting and discussion of the internal approval documentation, implementation and monitoring of debt and equity transactions, and their effective implementation and monitoring in line with the Bank’s operational objectives. Under the guidance of the operation leader and/or more senior bankers, the Analyst performs those tasks assigned to them and provides support to the operation leader and the project team throughout the project cycle, with a particular emphasis on research, data gathering, credit analysis and financial modelling.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Under the guidance of the operation leader or a more senior banker: 1. Structuring and Execution
- Work as a project team member on transactions, contributing to all aspects of project structuring and execution, including comprehensive research and analysis of background materials, market information and financial performance data; analyse and evaluate potential risks related to the proposed project, including analysis of financial statements, preparing and updating operating and financial models and financial projections;
- Assist with the designing and processing of technical co-operation assistance, including preparation of terms of reference and internal approval documentation, to support the related investment project or the related policy dialogue initiative;
- As may be requested, assist with communication with other internal units of the Bank, clients and other stakeholders, at the operational level, such as preparing draft correspondence, presentations, and following up on internal emails;
- Ensure that all tasks assigned to the Analyst are completed within the specified time frames to a high quality and in line with the policies, procedures and objectives of the Bank.
2. Portfolio Monitoring, Value Creation and Reporting
- As requested by the operation leader or a Portfolio Manager, undertake assigned tasks relating to the implementation and monitoring of projects to which the Analyst is assigned as part of the project team, including compliance with project agreements and Bank procedures related to disbursement, monitoring of progress of the project and financial performance of the client, assessing evolving risk factors and monitoring and assessing covenant compliance;
- As requested by the operation leader or more senior member of the project team, prepare timely and comprehensive draft monitoring reports and include recommendations for corrective actions where required and ensure these corrective actions and recommendations are brought to the attention of more senior team members;
- As may be requested by, and under the supervision of, a TC operation leader, assist with the effective implementation and monitoring of TC assignments including communication with TC client, monitoring of TC fund usage, preparation and filing of relevant TC progress and completion reports to support the TC operation leader to meet donor reporting requirements and operational objectives.
3. Business Development
- As required, assist with marketing and business development efforts.
The responsibilities of the Analyst are designed to allow the Analyst to progressively undertake more complex tasks and build the scope of responsibilities based on acquired experience and expertise.
Qualifications & Skills / Experience & Knowledge
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred or equivalent experience in the areas of expertise.
- Quantitative/numerical skills are critical with the ability to interpret financial information and to design and use financial models.
- Credit analysis skills, with the ability to interpret accounts, understanding local and international accounting principles and practice of credit analysis.
- Computer literacy, conversant with Microsoft Office and spread sheet packages including financial analysis and modelling modules.
- Professional qualification such as ACA, CFA, ACCA, or CIMA desirable.
- Good understanding of relevant systems and processes.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and to deadlines and under time pressure.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
- Good command over one or more language spoken in EBRD’s Countries of Operations is an advantage.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Relevant financial industry experience from an investment or commercial bank, private equity firm, asset management firm, development bank or auditing/financial consulting firm operating to international standards.
- Exposure to TMT industry of advantage.
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.