About Voluntās (Latin: will, goal, purpose, meaning)
Voluntas specializes in providing meaningful research and monitoring and evaluation services in developing countries, conflict zones, fragile states, and transitional environments. We use our insights to inform fact-based recommendations and policy options grounded in extensive research and data collection. Our goal is to have a positive, sustainable impact on populations affected by crisis to improve their living standards and access to rights.
To-date, Voluntas has implemented over 125 projects in volatile regions with partners including UN agencies, the EU, USAID, and international NGOs. We have a presence in nine countries, with ongoing projects in East and North Africa, the Middle East, and Ukraine. Our projects focus on policy and programming, needs assessments, perception studies, contextual analysis, and monitoring and evaluation. We work on thematic areas such as the environment and climate change, conflict resolution, employment, food security, gender, governance, human rights, migration, political economy, prevention of violent extremism, public health, WASH, and youth.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals for our 6-months analyst program in Nairobi. The program is designed to maximize the analyst’s own potential while providing a hands-on opportunity to experience a wide variety of assignments with our international clients and partners. Analysts will contribute to our work by applying critical and creative thinking on research and analysis and by supporting our consultants on projects.
As an analyst, you will serve as a full-time member of our team and receive day-to-day coaching from experienced colleagues.
Please note, this position is only open to individuals who have a right to reside in Kenya.
- You put honesty above compassion
- You put self-awareness above self-confidence
- You put facts above assumptions
- You put aspirations and hard work above good intentions
- Conducting desk research
- Quantitative and/or qualitative analysis
- Contributing to business development
- Contributing to project and methodology design (including scoping, sampling, instrument development, and analytical frameworks)
- Conducting interviews with relevant stakeholders
- Developing presentations and reports
- Providing administrative support and input to internal strategic processes
- Bachelor´s degree or higher in economics, political science, international development, international law, or similar field
- Excellent written and spoken English and Swahili
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong academic record
- Demonstrated interest in international issues and in particular, the East Africa region
- Results-oriented mindset
- Intellectual curiosity and inquisitiveness
- High level of personal initiative, accountability, and a strong work ethic
- Cultural awareness and ability to work in a team
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience with statistical and visualization software (SPSS, Excel, Tableau, PowerBI) is a strong asset
How to apply
How to apply
Please note that candidates should be a Kenyan national and/or have a permit to live and work in Kenya.
Interested candidates should send a resume (CV), grade transcript, and a cover letter addressing the three points below:
- Write a short story about who you are as a human being
- Tell us what the most inspiring project imaginable for you at Voluntās would be (not a current Voluntās project)
- Describe the three biggest weaknesses you will bring to Voluntās
The cover letter and CV must be written in English. Selected candidates will be invited for a written test/assessment followed by interviews to discuss their self-awareness, interests, and experience.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Please apply via the link on our website. Submissions via email are not accepted:
Deadline: December 30th, 2023
Don’t let the fact that you do not tick all boxes stop you from applying. At Voluntas we are committed to creating a diverse environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a community of colleagues from all continents and varied backgrounds.
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply irrespective of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.