TITLE OF THE POST: Air Movement Assistant
LOCATION LOCATION: Menaka
UNITE / DIVISION: Logistics ( UNHAS )
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Fixed Term GS5
OPENING DATE: 26.06.2023
The United Nations World Food Program ( WFP ) is the largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger in the world. WFP’s mission is to help the world reach the Zero Hunger goal by 2030. WFP works every day to ensure that the most vulnerable populations, especially women and children, can have access to the nutritious food they need to lead productive and healthy lives.
MANDATE AND INTERVENTIONS FROM WFP TO MALI
In Mali, WFP supports government efforts through an assistance strategy aimed at responding to the humanitarian emergency, strengthening the resilience of communities and supporting sustainable development efforts. In collaboration with state institutions, non-governmental organizations ( NGO ) and partners of the United Nations system, WFP organizes cash transfers or in kind to meet the food needs of families affected by conflicts or climatic vagaries, provides school meals that promote girls and boys’ access to education, supports the prevention and treatment of malnutrition, provides technical and financial support to groups of small agricultural producers to improve their production and market access.
WFP also provides air transport service, providing humanitarian and development actors with safe, reliable and economical transport to the regions of Mopti, Gao, Menaka, Timbuktu and Kayes, which provides access to the most vulnerable populations. The world’s largest humanitarian agency also supports the government and its partners, through food and nutrition security analyzes, the provision of logistics services and information and communication technologies.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Education: Secondary school diploma or Baccalaureate in air traffic control, flight regulation, aeronautical engineering or in a related field. Language: Master of oral communication written in French and English.
Experience: QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY IN THIS ROLE
- Have professional experience of Five ( 05 ) years in the field of aviation or related activity.
- Experience in flight safety and flight planning assistance.
- Experience in the interpretation of regular weather reports.
- Basic flight and radiotelephony experience.
- Having a good computer knowledge, in particular Microsoft office applications, knowledge of Takeflite software is an asset ;
- Perfect knowledge of French ( written / spoken ); Perfect knowledge of English ( written / spoken ).
This position is based in Ménaka. The incumbent generally specializes in air transport or air movement and at this level, he works under minimal supervision, taking responsibility for completing a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard directives / practices. The incumbent must be able to recommend simple measures to staff, and may allocate tasks and support other employees.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES ( not exhaustive )
- Organize CHECK-IN ( Registration; identity check, tickets, mission order etc … ) of passengers, correct the UNHAS Manifesto and sign the Manifesto.
- Control and record the cargo ( taking into account the SAOP procedure.
- Ensure the movements of passengers and cargo from terminal to plane and vice versa.
- Provide assistance to the crew from the flights by making available to the pilots all information useful for the course of the flight as well as all the pre-flight documents ( registered passenger and cargo manifest, ARR ).
- Brief the crew and have the skipper sign the manifest before takeoff and require the W&B ( balance and balance of the aircraft ).
- Coordinate with airport services and ensure the availability of services for departures and arrivals of ( fuel flights, etc. )
- Provide weather data and track aircraft movement
- Report any incident to the CATO and DCATO during the execution of its tasks.
- Maintain good relations with all UNHAS flight users at all times.
- In the event of an accident or incident, the AMA is responsible for following the procedure in the Emergency Response Plan manual.
- Produce the weekly, monthly and annual ( statistical reports to be sent to Bamako
- Perform any other task requested by the supervisor for the proper functioning of UNHAS activities.
- Being a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to the team’s work processes to the supervisor
- Find ways to build people’s skills: Forms junior teammates on new skills and abilities.
- Make commitments and respect them: Take responsibility for your own tasks and inform the supervisor as soon as possible of any delays in meeting deadlines or commitments
- Being politically agile and adaptable: Understands the value of WFP teams and external partners in achieving the goals and objectives of the team.
- Understanding the value that WFP brings to partners: Aligns its own activities with the supervisor’s priorities to meet the needs of internal and external partners
4P MAIN ORGANIZATIONAL CAPACITIES
Understanding and communicating strategic objectives: Helping teammates to set out the strategic objectives of the WFP. Being a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to the team’s work processes to the supervisor Make the mission a source of inspiration for our team : Explain the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities with teammates. Publicizing our mission in daily actions: Explain how the responsibilities of the unit will be used for WFP’s mission. Team
Find ways to build people’s skills: Forms junior teammates on new skills and abilities. Creating an inclusive culture: Seek opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds. Develop and provide constructive feedback: Served as a reference coach for colleagues in the same work area. Create a spirit « I want » / « We will do »: Continue progress towards the objectives and share this information regularly with the supervisor. Performance
Encourage innovation and creative solutions : Explore ways to be systematically more efficient and precise in its own areas of work and share new working methods with colleagues Focus on achieving results: Focus on achieving results and monitor trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency Make commitments and meet them : Takes responsibility for its own tasks and informs the supervisor as soon as possible of any delays in meeting deadlines or commitments Be decisive :Decides independently of the measures to be taken in the face of critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field Partnership
Connect and share between WFP units: Suggests partnership possibilities with other units to the supervisor. Establishing strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners on the ground towards common goals Be politically agile and adaptable : Understands the value of WFP teams and external partners in achieving the team’s goals and objectives. Understanding the value that WFP brings to partners: Aligns its own activities with the supervisor’s priorities to meet the needs of internal and external partners
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This item is a fixed term contract of 12 months renewable with the possibility of renewal.
Salary and Social Benefits
Very attractive salary 2.5 working days of annual leave per month Maternity leave/paternity Sick leave 10 public holidays in the year Membership of the United Nations pension fund Medical insurance for staff and their direct dependents
CLOSING DATE: 07.07.2023
FEMALE CANDIDATURES ARE LIVING INCURAGE
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process, including at the offer stage. Any request for payment must be refused and reported to the competent local law enforcement authorities so that they can take appropriate action.
WFP applies a zero tolerance approach to behaviors such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of power and discrimination.
All selected candidates will have to adhere to WFP standards of conduct and will therefore be subject to a rigorous background check internally or by third parties. Selected applicants must also provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Any false statement regarding the information provided during the recruitment process may result in disqualification or dismissal.