Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Support Staff
Location: Biu, Borno and Mubi, Adamawa
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Contracted Hours: 35
Reports To: Administration / Logistics Officer
Matrix Manager (if applicable): N/A
- The role will provide administrative support to the field office and ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the office.
- The role will ensure proper accountability for office items and stock. The role will provide logistics and administrative support to the project team.
- Ensure regular service of ACs, Generator, fire extinguishers, and any other office equipment
- Ensure regular monthly purchase of electricity, supply of fuel (on need-based), and processing of payment as required
- Ensure replacement or repair of any broken equipment, lighting, etc
- Support with conducting Asset inventory verification.
- Ensure that the entire office is kept clean and fit for daily operation.
- Store management (inventory of new stock and used stock of all office supplies). Ensure that the store bin cards are updated, and minimum and maximum stock levels are always maintained.
- Prompt for replenishments to avoid stockout.
- Receive goods from vendors and ensure that goods supplied are in line with the order specifications and that the necessary documentation is completed.
- Expected national travel per annum: No travel
- Expected international travel per annum: No travel
- On-call/unsocial hours: Yes
- Surge capacity for emergency responses: No
- In order to respond to ever-changing demands within the environment, Christian Aid operates within an agile framework (both in the workforce and operational) that requires from all employees, a high level of responsiveness and adaptiveness to processes and structures making flexibility and a project-based working approach the norm.
- To sustain this system, managers may/will agree further details of specific tasks and duties as part of the performance agreement.
- Any reasonable duty may be assigned that is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility, and employees may be required to change the focus of their role from time to time.
- The role is part of the Operations team and will support the field office operations in the deep field.
- The role reports to the Administrative & Logistics Officer with dotted reporting lines to the field office focal point.
- A University Degree or its equivalent in a related field
- Minimum of one year of experience in a similar role.
- Ability to use Microsoft office packages
- Ability to read and write.
- Good communication (oral and written) skills
- Good work attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to take on more responsibilities as may be required
- Result–oriented. Able to think out of the box and willing to learn.
- Ability to speak the local language.
- External: Office visitors, partners, and vendors
- Internal: Liaising with colleagues at all levels to achieve role objectives and purpose.
- Working within the network of the Operations unit family, sharing knowledge and best practice across the organization.
- Basic decisions on matters relating to the day-to-day cleanliness of the office and its environment
- Ability to apply logical thinking, discretion, good judgment, and common sense to routine tasks and information, and test solutions for day-to-day issues. Ability to be proactive
Developing self and others:
- Number of Direct reports: 0
- Overall people management responsibility: 0
- Continuously look for opportunities for self-development. Give and receive honest and open feedback promptly.
- Taking responsibilities, being self-accountable and holding others accountable.
- Child protection clearance: Standard
- Counter-terrorism screening: Required.
Digital/IT competencies required:
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint: Basic
- Web content design & development: Basic.
- Internet-based collaboration tools and video calling: Basic.
- Social Media: Basic.
- Data Visualisation: N/A.
- H low.
Application Closing Date
19th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online