CALL FOR APPLICATIONS CFA-CO-004-2022
Open to internal and external candidates
Position Title: Administrative clerk
Duty Station: Dakar, (Senegal)
Type of appointment: Special Short Term Ungraded 3 months (with a possibility of extension)
Closing date: July 28th, 2022
Estimate start date: As soon as possible
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and nongovernmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Resources Management Officer and direct supervision of Human Resources Officer in close coordination with the Human Resources Assistant, the incumbent will be responsible for the carrying out of administrative and clerical tasks at IOM Senegal mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities: In particular, the incumbent will:
- Create and maintain an orderly filing system – both electronically and in hardcopies;
- Carry out administrative duties such as copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Assist in contacting all short-listed applicants for interviews, sending Ms teams invitations and distributing the interview schedule, ensure that all interview related material is available,
- Administering practical skills test when required.
- Maintain records of timesheets and prepare monthly reports on staff office attendance;
- Assist in planning logistics for trainings, workshops, and meetings;
- Provide general administrative support to Resource Management Team
- Perform any other related task as may be assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Administration or related field from a recognized institution with one-year relevant experience in administration or, • Secondary School Diploma with at least three years of relevant working experience
• Solid computer skills, including MS Office Packages (Office, excel, Power point, outlook) internet and E-mail
• Personal commitment, efficiency and results driven.
• Sound administration and organizational skills with strict attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a highly confidential manner
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a diverse team.
• Flexible and able to adapt quickly to new, different environments
• Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills with proven ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a diverse team.
Fluency in English and French (oral and written). Required competencies The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this call for application is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org referring to this advertisement in the subject: “CFA-CO-004-2022 and complete name”. Application must contain a CV and a cover letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Posting period: From July 15th, 2022 to July 28th, 2022.