The mandate of the OSCE Presence in Albania is to promote democratization, the rule of law, and human rights as well as to consolidate democratic institutions in line with OSCE principles, standards and commitments.
Originally established in 1997, today, the Presence’s activities range from arms control and the fight against trafficking to electoral assistance; anti-corruption initiatives; gender mainstreaming and environmental projects; human rights protection; legislative, judicial, and media reform; and the capacity-building of law enforcement officials.
An international seconded fixed term vacancy position has arisen in the OSCE Presence in Albania for an Administrative and General Service Officer (S2) within the Fund Administration Unit.
General Minimum Requirements
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
- Excellent physical condition
- Possession of a valid automobile driving license and ability to drive using manual transmission
- Ability to cope with physical hardship and willingness to work extra hours and in an environment with limited infrastructure
Field of Expertise Requirements
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are: – First-level university degree in logistics, business/public administration, engineering or related field or proven experience in any discipline of logistics management and support, such as procurement, mission management, inventory or warehouse management and support
Level of Professional Competence Requirements
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following: Education: First-level university degree in a relevant field.
Experience: Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience.
Mission Specific Requirements
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements: Mandatory:
- Strong background in transportation/logistics/material management
- Knowledge of budgets
- Strong managerial skills as well as good communication, analytical and planning skills
- Professional fluency in English, both oral and written
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, with minimum supervision and with limited time frames
- Willingness and ability to work in a challenging environment
- Ability to operate windows applications, including word processing and e-mail
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity
Desirable: – Experience of working with ERP systems (Oracle preferred)
– Previous field experience with OSCE or another international organization
– Knowledge of the region
– Knowledge of the Albanian language
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under th e direction of the Head of Presence in Albania and direct supervision of the Chief of Fund Administration (CFA), the successful candidate is in charge of procurement and contracting, assets and supply management, logistic control, transport and maintenance management and Information and Communication Technology. Leading a team of currently 12 supervisees, the incumbent specifically performs the following duties:
- Supporting the CFA in reviewing policies and formulating procedures to improve the Presence’s resource management and to streamline the provision of support services; liaises with the CFA on budgetary issues;
- Planning and managing the procurement actions, and supply commodities in a cost-effective manner; developing standards and criteria for the evaluation of goods, services, supplier capacity, supplier evaluation, etc.;
- Performing duties of Contracting Officer for the Common Operation Contracts and drafts the Contracts and Agreements related to the Project implementation as needed;
- Is responsible for maintaining and monitoring an accurate and complete record of all material and supply in the Presence; ensuring correct record of all assets in the Oracle system for the Project Offices and the Presence Headquarters;
- Implementing the procedures of the Asset Management Instructions and decisions of the Fund Material Management Committee;
- Controlling and ensuring the efficient utilization of funds appropriated for logistic support and building management services; supervising the preparation of budget estimates for all assets and services expenditures;
- Co-ordinating, overviewing and supervising of maintenance, changes, upgrades and services, as well as any other operations within the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Unit at the executive structure. Acknowledging and respecting the necessary compliance with the organisations’ IT security standards, the rules, the regulations and the strategy of the Organisation.
- Supervising the Document Management, Reception Services and any other tasks related to General Services of the Presence;
- Liaising with the OSCE Secretariat on field equipment, supply, procurement, contracting and transport matters, and other relevant issues as appropriate;
- Planning and co-ordinating the maintenance of the vehicle fleet and generators in the Presence; advising mission members on transport issues and road safety;
- Organizing the maintenance of the Presence’s premises and equipment as required;
- Performing other related tasks as required.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Presence in Albania please see: https://www.osce.org/presence-in-albania
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities well in advance of the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered. The OSCE can only process Secondment applications that have been nominated by participating States. For queries relating to your application, please refer to the respective delegation as listed here: https://www.osce.org/contacts/delegations.
- Issued by: OSCE Presence in Albania
- Requisition ID: ALB000060
- Contract Type: International Secondment
- Grade: S2
- Job Level: Senior Professional
- Job Type: Seconded
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: ALB – OSCE Presence in Albania, Tirana
- Issue Date: Jul 17, 2023
- Closing Date: Aug 14, 2023
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (First-level university degree or equivalent)
- Target Start Date: As soon as possible