The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administration Officer – CST II
Requisition ID: 176027
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Short Term
- These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders in the field typically report to the Deputy Country Director or the designate.
- Job holders in RBs or HQ typically report to the Regional Deputy / Division Director or the designate.
- Job holders are likely to manage a team of staff to ensure administrative strategies and plans are implemented to support regions / countries with a lower level of complexity (characterised by a smaller employee population, a less far reaching geography, and less volatile security situations).
- Job holders provide technical support to field operations, and develop core processes and procedures.
- To lead the delivery of quality, customer-focused, value for money administrative services that enable staff in country / location operations to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
Key Accountabilities (Not All Inclusive)
- Develop and implement WFP regional / country plans, including administrative processes, aligned with regional and wider WFP strategies and policies to facilitate efficient and effective administration services.
- Develop annual plans, contribute to longer term strategies and improvements to policies, systems and procedures to ensure services provided support WFP strategic objectives and are in compliance with corporate policies, standards, regulations and processes.
- Manage and/or carry out complex data analysis to provide management and clients with the accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making.
- Manage the existing resources in the area of responsibility (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) and estimate new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
- Facilitate the compliance of the services provided (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) with the corporate Occupational Safety and Health Policy and provide recommendations to the management on any improvements/changes, when required.
- Promote a culture of environmental sustainability throughout WFP by role modelling actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities.
- Manage and motivate a multicultural team(s), provide coaching, training and guidance as required to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
- Build productive partnerships with WFP stakeholders, other UN agencies and local government offices.
- Strengthen the capacity of WFP staff and partners through the delivery of trainings, workshops, daily interaction, etc. for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Contribute to preparedness actions such as risk analysis, and contingency planning, monitoring the management of risks and reporting on actions taken.
- Other as required.
- This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Advanced University Degree in Business / Public Administration, Engineering, or other relevant field relating to office management and administration, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training / courses.
- Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language.
Desired Experiences For Entry into The Role:
- Has gained experience in administration and applies this to all activities.
- Has managed small teams of staff with related areas of expertise.
- Has provided support in leading projects and input into function policies.
Application Closing Date
26th October, 2022, by 11:59pm (GMT+1).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Terms and Conditions
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in English language only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
- Duration of this contract is for 6 months.
- WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties.
- Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
- WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process, including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.