The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-for profit organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State and a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the United States Agency for International
Development (USAID), Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike
The Accelerating Control for HIV Epidemic Project (ACE) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), is a 5 Year funded project implemented in Akwa Ibom & Cross River States. Implementation is targeted at achieving epidemic control thereby reducing transmission and improving the quality of life of those living with HIV.
Level of Effort
Full Time (8.00am to 5.00pm Mondays – Friday) 100%
Number of Persons Required
- This position reports to the Senior Finance & Administrative Officer
- Is responsible for accounting in the Cross River State Office, ensuring compliance with the contractual financial requirements of the project.
- S/he will assist the Finance & Administrative Manager to ensure the accurate keeping of all books of account for the project, including checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records.
- Work with the Senior Finance & Administrative Officer to lead the preparation of monthly and annual financial reports, including financial status of sub-project account activities with accompanying bank documentation and receipts.
- Assist the Senior Program Officer and Finance Manager in monitoring sub-project budgets in accordance with approved work plan activities.
Job Requirements Education
- B.Sc / B.A Degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent
- MS/MA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent
- CPA, ACA, ICAN, CIMA, CFE or any other relevant professional qualification is required
- 4 – 6 years relevant experience in accounting field.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience in accounting relating to development programs
- Experience applying U.S. Government grants, contracting and auditing standards as they apply to effective management of multi-year funds
- Proven experience in transferring knowledge into operational plan with clients collaboration and sustainable buy- in.
- Substantial experience using computerized financial information systems.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English
- Familiarity with Donor-funded programs and non-governmental organizations in Nigeria
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment and will be required to co-locate with other team usually in the same office space.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
Technology to be used:
- Computer, Microsoft Office 365 (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail), Accounting software’s, office telephone, calculator, cell phone and printer/copier and any other hand held devices.
This vacancy will close on the 2nd of June, 2022
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one (1) MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Human Resources Unit through this email address: [email protected]
APPLICATION MUST EXPLICITLY STATE YOUR FULL NAMES, THE POSITION OF INTEREST WITH PREFERED LOCATION as the subject of the email.
Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.