The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Relationship Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Pay band: 6
Contract type: Indefinite Term
Alternative locations the role could be based: Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Department: English and Exams
- To build relationships, identify needs and enhance opportunities with key accounts to meet business related targets.
- The role is also required proactively resolve issues, add value and ensure delivery on expectations.
- The role holder will Carry out routine monitoring and standard reporting on commercial data involving sales, profitability and/or co-funding and sponsorship opportunities using an agreed set of corporate processes, techniques and report templates.
- Ensures product/sector knowledge is up to date and forward thinking
- Provides account /country specific input into market intelligence activities, innovation and business development/marketing plan/targets.
- Value adds account extension, cross sell and retention
- Raises performance issues, why and how being resolved
- Monitors capacity and drives up/pull forward B2B2C sales to fill capacity
- Manages and delivers in year Account Plan
- Develops out of year Account Plan
- Links with B2B support from Operations team to set and review quality of delivery to support account relationship.
- Using standard procedures and templates, regularly records, analyses and reports on operational activity levels and performance data, to support senior managers in making timely and effective business decisions that respond to operational needs.
Role Specific Knowledg and Experience
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- Relevant work experience in a Business Development Manager role
- Demonstrable experience to sustain and/or grow a product/service in line with strategic priorities for income and impact
- Experience collecting and analyzing client/stakeholder feedback
- Takes a pro-active approach to identifying ways in which service can be improved, and takes these forward
- Essential Requirements: Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
- Degree in any subject or relevant qualification
- Business development experience in the E&E sector.
Application Closing Date
12th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- Additional Information: All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Nigeria.
- Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
- If you have any problems with your application please email [email protected]
- Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.