Technician specialized in strategic information generation to strengthen the management and administration of CONANP and ANP
Job advertisement : Aug 21/2023
Publication cancellation date : Sep 4, 2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FLMEX
Job type : Temporary work
Requirement Type: NPP ( National Project Personnel )
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Mexico-Merida
Duration: 3 months ( with high probability of extension )
Position Number: N / A
FAO seeks to ensure gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and its international consultants, in order to serve the Member States of the Organization in the best possible way in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of sex, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of under-represented or under-represented Member States and persons with disabilities with the necessary qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications.
- All persons working for FAO must comply with the highest standards of professional integrity and conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a zero tolerance policy for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The project “ Implementation and strengthening of the sustainable management of Natural Protected Areas ” constitutes the pilot phase of the CONANP-FAO collaboration that seeks to contribute to strengthening the system of Natural Protected Areas in Mexico. Through this project, specific strengthening mechanisms will be generated in the management and management of Natural Protected Areas for a better sustainable use of natural resources, strengthen the institutional relations of CONANP and improve processes that allow a direct impact on management effectiveness indicators, while building connectivity mechanisms, generating strategic alliances and actions to safeguard biodiversity and natural wealth.As a general result of the project, CONANP is expected to adopt the instruments to improve institutional efficiency and participatory governance for effective management of current and projected NPAs, through four products:
- Product 1. Prepared and transferred the proposal to improve the strategic Institutional Capacity ( CI ) ( includes the identification of gaps or deficits of IQ, of areas of opportunity, roadmap and established processes ) for the institutional efficiency of CONANP related to the management of Natural Protected Areas.
- Product 2. Generated and consolidated instruments and mechanisms to strengthen governance and citizen participation in Natural Protected Areas.
- Product 3. The proposal to increase the ecological representativeness and connectivity of ecosystems under protection has been prepared and implemented: Incorporation of new ANPs, strengthening of existing ones and ADVC certification.
- Product 4. Designed, validated and transferred operational processes for the prioritization and efficient, timely and articulated development of strategic projects within the ANP in the territories of project implementation.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Program Representative
Field of specialization
Management and administration
Tasks and responsibilities
The Technician specialized in generating strategic information to strengthen the management and administration of the CONANP and the ANP’s main task is to attend to and generate strategic information to facilitate the resolution of relevant issues that are designated, promoting the updating of regulations. in terms of conservation, protection, management, administration and sustainable development within the ANP.
The technician specialized in generating strategic information to strengthen the management and administration of the CONANP and the ANP will have the following functions:
- Establish a work plan approved by the DR of the DRPYCM and the project coordinator.
- Generate information and integrate previous and justified reports that are designated, as appropriate.
- Provide advice, within the scope of their knowledge, to facilitate the administrative processes of the DRPYCM regarding protected natural areas, provided for in the applicable provisions, for the management and use of the areas.
- Review, according to your experience and scope of correspondence, the assignment projects regarding Protected Natural Areas granted by CONANP, as well as review the various opinions of your correspondence.
- Collaborate with the administrative units of the CONANP within the assigned region in carrying out the processes of their correspondence and experience.
- Verify the files relating to the procedures under your correspondence.
- Prepare monthly activity reports that describe the specific actions implemented, which must be validated by the Project Coordinator and have approval from CONANP.
- Prepare a final report of your consultancy that contains the identification of lessons learned in the activities carried out.
CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED ACCORDING TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- University degree in social, human and administrative sciences, biology and other related careers.
- Minimum experience of 4 years in ANP with conservation projects.
- Working knowledge of Spanish and limited knowledge of English.
- Mexican nationality.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results-based approach
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
Technical / functional skills
- Experience in strategic topics such as planning, administration, development of indicators, among others.
- Have knowledge about the administration and operation of CONANP and relevant environmental issues.
- Desirable experience in issues related to ANP management.
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process ( application, interview, processing ).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help or have questions, please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the application deadline has expired will not be accepted.
- Please be informed that FAO will only consider academic degrees or credentials obtained from an educational institution included in the Global Higher Education Database, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For any other questions visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/.
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all and integrity and transparency.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
- If you would like to apply, go to the FAO recruitment website ( Jobs at FAO ) and complete your online profile.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
- We advise candidates to apply well in advance of the deadline.
- If you need help, contact: [email protected] .
SMOKING IS PROHIBITED ON FAO PREMISES