The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-for profit organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State and a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the United States Agency for International
Development (USAID), Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike
The Accelerating Control for HIV Epidemic Project (ACE) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), is a 5 Year funded project implemented in Akwa Ibom & Cross River States. Implementation is targeted at achieving epidemic control thereby reducing transmission and improving the quality of life of those living with HIV.
- Job Title
Technical Officer – Database
Level of Effort
Full Time (8.00am to 5.00pm Mondays – Friday) 100%
Number of Persons Budgeted
This position reports to the SI Advisors
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of data processing.
- Responsible for the planning, maintenance and development of the project’s databases and Geographical information system (GIS).
Task / Responsibility
- Design and creation of spatial products, including maps, digital data, reports and statistics.
- Administer and maintain the project’s Database Management System (DBMS), monitor and optimize the DBMS and coordinate data management issues (e.g., deletion of records, query management, Internet reports) within the data users’ group.
- Run checks to ensure the security and confidentiality of the ECEWS/Nigeria identifiable health data.
- Monitor research staff’s compliance with confidentiality policies to assure that security standards are met and advice on the acquisition of the appropriate Database Management Systems as needed.
- MS/MA Geographic Information Systems, Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent
- BS/BA degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent
- 4 – 7 years post-national youth service relevant experience in database management
- Strong background in geospatial and health information systems (GIS) and/or database management is required
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment
Technology to be used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office 365 (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail), ECEWS Cloud database, accounting software’s, office telephone, cell phone and printer/copier.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50%.
This vacancy will close on the 2nd of June, 2022
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one (1) MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Human Resources Unit through this email address: [email protected]
APPLICATION MUST EXPLICITLY STATE YOUR FULL NAMES, THE POSITION OF INTEREST WITH PREFERED LOCATION as the subject of the email.
Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.