Bahar Organization is an independent non-profit and non-governmental organization that provides humanitarian aids to vulnerable people without any discrimination in all its forms. BO is operating to respond to the needs and basic requirements of the humanitarian crisis in Syria in the middle of the affected communities caused by the conflict the basic principles of BO’s activities are to enhance the basic living standards of the affected population by delivering humanitarian aid based on the needs.
General View of the Position:
The Sr. Logistics and Procurement Officer is responsible for logistics and procurement support, asset management, shipment, and cross-boarding operations, archiving of documents, and translation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Logistics & PROCUREMENT
- Checking and ensuring that all related documents are complete and in line with BAHAR’s logistics and procurement procedures.
- Assisting Logistics Manager (Field) and Logistics Officer (Field) Procurement Officer in all logistics & procurement operations.
- Organizing, checking, and giving procurement approval for all field purchase requests and fulfilling every PR in the PR tracking sheet
- Checking logbooks coming from the field and consumption of cars.
- Responsible for all procurement document checking starting from PR until the completion of the procurement process.
- The responsibility that all procurement corresponds with BAHAR or donor’s rules.
- The responsibility is that all procurement is done on time.
- Drafting evaluation tables and submitting them to the Logistics and procurement officer.
- Responsibility for contract preparation and follow-up
- Managing all payments to suppliers and checking all related documents
- Supervising BAHAR’s field assets management including registrations, movements, discarding reports, etc.
- Registering all BAHAR new assets and preparing its handover protocol to be sent to the responsible person in the field.
- Doing all field assets movements (broken assets report, maintenance, etc.)
- Supervising quarterly and annual asset inventories in the field.
- Archiving all logistics field documentation
- Checking and matching all procurement and logistics documentation with stock card registers and ELO tender files archived documents.
- Ensuring that all documents are matching with BAHAR’s approval and archiving system (software)
- Organizing packing and shipment of all archives to HQ when needed
- Liaise with appropriate staff in the Procurement department in Turkey, the Procurement and Logistics department in the field, the Quality Control teams in Turkey and in the field, and the suppliers, to determine the most efficient mode of Shipboard commodities, taking into consideration the type of commodity, quantity, port conditions, weather conditions, freight market condition, etc.
- Coordinate with Project Managers about shipment plans; consolidate the planning related to shipments to the field and customs clearance of commodities.
- Manage the operational aspects of all shipments, including loading and discharging operations and the contracting of handling services.
- Facilitate cross-boarding operations.
- Liaise with Logistics and warehousing teams in the field, reception, and handling to ensure efficient operations and commodities deliveries. Responsible that stock cards are updated and well prepared.
- Ensure appropriate and correct shipboard documents are obtained from the suppliers, freight forwarders, field team, etc.
- Check Customs tariff positions and interpret government fiscal policies & amendments.
Negotiate and handle settlements for commodities damages or losses arising from operations.
- Other tasks assigned by the employee’s Line Manager correspond to the actual needs of the mission, programs, and projects.
- Substitute relevant colleagues (fully or partially) during their absence when assigned by the employee’s Line Manager
- Understand and adhere to the mission’s National Staff Handbook, BAHAR Code of Conduct, BAHAR Key Policies, and relevant guidelines.
Academic Qualification/s and Professional Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum required or equivalent University Degree.
- At least 2 years of proven experience in logistics and procurement (asset management, archiving, shipment). Previous NGO experience in a similar context is a plus.
- Ability to manage a team.
- Analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to work within different cultural environments.
- Knowledge in the context of NWS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English. Turkish is an advantage.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Maps, PowerPoint).
Safeguarding & Ethics:
Bahar is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants, or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary-General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and adhere to the Bahar Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct e-learning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
How to apply
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply by completing the form at the following link:
The post will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Kindly note that the position will be filled before the vacancy announcement is closed; therefore, early applications are encouraged.