General Description of the Organization:
Orange is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating the suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of the conflict-affected population. Since its establishment, Orange partners directly with affected Syrian populations delivering programmes spanning sectors, including humanitarian and development programmes, in the Early Recovery, Food Security, Agriculture, Livelihoods, Education, and Protection, in addition to long term impact interventions focusing on the economic empowerment and the local value chains improvements to enable targeted communities to improve their living practices and their sustainable mechanisms.
Orange collaborates with variety of national and international non-governmental organizations, as well as local initiatives to adopt community-based approach that leads to improve the response’s impact to the humanitarian crisis and provides sustainable and alternative solutions.
The Senior Safety and Security Officer will play a critical role in ensuring the safe and effective delivery of humanitarian assistance to conflict and disasters-affected communities. This position requires a highly organized and security-conscious individual who can facilitate access to operational areas, assess security risks, and implement security protocols to protect our staff, partners, and beneficiaries. The role is based in Türkiye, Gaziantep.
Duties, objectives and competencies:
- Liaise with local authorities, NGOs, and other stakeholders to obtain necessary approvals and permits for humanitarian activities.
- Coordinate with logistics and program teams to ensure the timely and safe movement of personnel and supplies to and within operational areas.
Security Risk Assessment:
- Conduct ongoing security risk assessments and provide timely updates to the Program and relevant teams.
- Monitor the security situation in the operations areas, including tracking incidents and trends.
Security Protocols and Training:
- Develop and implement security protocols and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for staff and partners.
- Provide security training and briefings to staff, ensuring they understand and adhere to security guidelines.
- Assist in the development and activation of emergency response plans in case of security incidents.
- Act as the focal point for security-related incidents and support incident reporting and response.
Security Information Sharing:
- Collaborate with other humanitarian organizations and security actors to share security information and coordinate efforts to enhance the overall security environment.
- Attend security and other humanitarian working groups.
- Compile and submit regular security reports to the field and senior management.
- Provide incident reports as needed for security-related events.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of [4 years] of experience in humanitarian access and security management in conflict-affected areas.
- Strong understanding of the security dynamics.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural team and under pressure.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (both written and spoken). Turkish is an asset.
- Relevant training in security management is a plus.
Orange’s Values and Principles:
We believe that:
- Maintaining a positive, healthy, and trusting relationship are central to making the partnership a success.
- Appropriately trained and resourced staff and volunteers are key to effective and efficient service and program delivery in the development sector.
We are committed to:
- Shared responsibility, accountability, and decision-making in any partnership.
- Providing access to high-quality learning to empower people and professionals in the development sector, particularly in the developing world.
- Learning from each other to strengthen and enhance the long-term sustainability of our services and programs for the benefit of children and communities that we serve.
Child Safeguarding & PSEAH policy
Orange aims to create an organization that is safe for children and women but is also aware of the need to keep child protection concerns proportionate and to guard against over-zealous attitudes. Child and women abuse thrives in closed and secretive atmospheres. Orange’s best protection is to create an open and aware culture where people are not afraid to speak about their concerns.
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of Orange must sign the Child Safeguarding and PSEA– Declaration of Acceptance Form and comply with the Orange child safeguarding and PSEAH Policy which is a statement of Orange commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into.
How to apply
• Kindly submit your application through this link: https://apps.orange.ngo/jobs/apply/73fe47a9-f413-435f-a4a2-13eeb7e7e590
• Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have heard from us within two weeks after the application deadline, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
•The position is to be filled ASAP.
• Women are highly encouraged to apply for this position.