Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Global Operations Manager
Requisition Number: SENIO001498
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Operations
Summary of Role
- The Senior Global Operations Manager will support Pathfinder Global Services (GSO) team to ensure effective and efficient management of the GSO operation needs across Pathfinder offices.
- The Global Operations Manager will design, plan and oversee global operational systems that are fit for purpose in a globally dispersed, locally led, values-driven organization to ensure the goals and objectives of the Board and the Leadership Team are achieved.
Global Operations Manual and Procedures:
- Develop and rollout Global Operations Manual.
- Design and provide Global Operations Manual training to all Pathfinder offices.
- Support Pathfinder Country Offices in developing local operations procedures in line with the Global Operations Manual
- Provide operations oversight and support to Pathfinder offices, executive management, and GSO team.
Organizational policies and procedures:
- Coordinate with each functional department of the organization to understand internal processes; document current procedures; and provide process improvement feedback to the Executive Team.
- Update, revise (as needed), and maintain organizational policy dashboard.
- Communicate with appropriate unit Leads when policy updates are needed.
- Coordinate with the Sr. Director of Internal Audit and Compliance policy updates, revisions, and approvals.
- Update and maintain Pathfinder “Policy Center” IShare page
Coordination of the Global Services (GSO) trainings:
- Coordinate with HR to review, update and revise Pathfinder mandatory training calendar for GSO administered & managed training.
- Coordinate with GSO Service Unit Leads to ensure that GSO mandatory training sessions are rollout out according to the organizational training calendar.
- Work with GSO Service Unit Leads to track and report mandatory training compliance information/data to the Executive Team.
Management of Registration process – Pathfinder Country Offices:
- Work with Pathfinder Chief Legal Officer (CLO) and Country Directors (CD) to coordinate and support Pathfinder Country Registration processes.
- Coordinate with the outside legal counsel any legal requirements, documents, Pathfinder organizational. documents, etc. to complete the registration processes
- Maintain Pathfinder country registration documents in the internal drive/system and track its validity/expiration
- Coordinate with the CLO and CDs country registration renewal process as needed.
Global Security & Coordination of Regional Security Personnel:
- Serve as the main focal point to Pathfinder Regional Security Manager and Country Security Officers on specific matters related to global security.
- In collaboration with Regional Security Manager develop and maintain an internal reporting system related to security concerns and incident reporting.
- In collaboration with Regional Security Manager, review and provide input to the country’s security plans during pre-award and post-award processes.
- Review office leases to ensure that security concerns are addressed.
- Update and maintain Pathfinder “Security Resource Center.”
- In collaboration with Regional Security Officer, rollout “Crisis Management Policy” to Pathfinder office leadership to explain specific protocols outlined in the policy.
GSO (Global Operations Unit) support & special projects:
- Develop Operation’s Unit annual goals based on Pathfinder organizational goals and strategic priorities.
- Develop and manage the annual workplan and budget of the business unit.
- Supervise Regional Security Manager and Operations Coordinator/TBD
- Support the GSO Global Operations Unit in achieving organizational goals and priorities.
- Work on special projects as requested.
Required Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Business Administration, or related field required;
- At least 7 years of experience in operations and project management is required; 5-10 additional years of experience would be considered in lieu of an advanced degree
- Advanced knowledge and hands on experience developing global operations systems, writing polices, manuals, training and capacity building.
- Prior supervisory experience managing staff in different geographic locations and time zones
Preferred Education and Work Experience:
- Master’s in Business Management, Business Administration, or related field required;
- 5 years or more working with an NGO
- French, Portuguese or Amharic language skills
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer/Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
- Less than 20%
Application Closing Date
4th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Interested applicants are requested to include the contact details for at least 3 references in their resume.