Start date: August 2022
Position: Research Team Lead
Education: Masters in Economics, Development Studies, or related field
Experience: At least 5 years of relevant work experience
Organization: Seven Star Consultants Limited
Language requirements: English, French or any Local language (a plus)
Skill requirements: Strong qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills
About Seven Star Consultants
Seven Star Consultants is a multi-faceted company with an unwavering commitment towards excellence and client satisfaction through the delivery of quality products and services. We offer a well-rounded range of stand-alone and integrated services across various sectors which can be grouped into four major categories; Development, Communications, ICT, and Project Management.
As development consultants, we have in the last eleven years provided consultancy services in expert Research, Human and Economic development, Public Policy, Governance, Public Financial Management, Development Financing, Monitoring and Evaluation, Sustainable Systems etc. for Governments, international donor agencies, NGOs and private sector clients.
You can find out more about Seven Star Consultants at: www.sevenstarng.com
Working with the Research Team at Seven Star Consultants
Working with Seven Star’s Research Team will provide you with the opportunity to develop outstanding analytical, research and advisory skills, whilst gaining first-hand experience working on priority development challenges and opportunities in countries across Africa. Seven Star offers:
- The opportunity to work with a highly skilled, diverse and united team of people
- A youthful and dynamic environment, that constantly focuses on learning and innovation.
- A company dedicated to ensuring growth and personal development for all its staff
- A chance to make a difference on relevant policy and development issues across the continent.
Ideal candidates should be passionate about research and international development. They must possess a minimum of a master’s degree related to economics, international development, public policy or statistics and some relevant professional experience. They must be willing to develop their professional skills and contribute to the growth of an organization dedicated to social and economic development. They should have outstanding technical and analytical skills, are proficient communicators in English, have excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, and are self-motivating and team players.
- Manage a team of research consultants
- Develop project and grant proposals and pro-actively seek independent research
- Clean and analyze qualitative and quantitative data using statistical software such as STATA or R
- Conduct qualitative interviews, including semi-structured interviews and moderate focus group discussions
- Develop research design, including the development and piloting of research tools
- Supervise data collection to ensure that the highest data quality standards are met
- Manage project budget, including tracking project expenses and adherence to the project budget
- Write project/activity reports
- Oversee the achievement of project timelines and targets.
- Ensure synchronization with other program teams in the organization.
- At least 5 years of work experience in international development, public policy, economic and social research, or management consulting
- Multi-sectoral experience in any of the Humanitarian or Development sectors (e.g. Conflict resolution, WASH, food security, health, education, gender and inclusion, early warning system, and agriculture)
- Master’s degree in economics, public policy, international development, statistics, public health, or a related field
- Strong statistical analysis skills and knowledge of related tools/software (in particular Microsoft Excel, and R or Stata)
- Excellent oral and written communication in English (French, or Hausa would be a plus)
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Experience living and working in different cultures; time spent in sub-Saharan Africa or other developing countries strongly preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, independent, and must be a motivated self-starter who will thrive by taking ownership and initiative
Competitive with similar roles in other social enterprises and research firms.
How to apply
Please submit a CV, cover letter and two writing samples(reports/publications) not exceeding 3MB in size to email@example.com. The subject line should read:
“Research Team Lead”. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis so we encourage you to apply at the earliest possible time.