The STAR project, originally an 18-month project has been expanded to include work and intervention on Hepatitis C through Hepatitis C self-testing (HCVST). The goal is to increase equitable access to Hepatitis C diagnosis and treatment, thereby reducing Hepatitis C related morbidity and mortality. This phase of the project will focus on evaluating suitable service delivery, distribution and linkage models for HCVST. The intervention will target key populations and PLHIV.
STAR Nigeria is conducting an implementation research to evaluate the acceptability and feasibility of HCVST among key population and people living with HIV. The study will provide evidence for country level policy and guidance. The study is conducted in 2 ART clinics and 2 key populations in Nasarawa state.
The research assistant will support the recruitment, consent and follow up of study participants. The research assistant will manage all aspects of study documentation and ensuring high quality data during the study. The duration for this Research Assistant role is 3 Months.
- Participate in the data collection training and start-up meetings with relevant stakeholders’ prior commencement of study.
- Identify, recruit and obtain informed consent from study participants in line with the research protocol, ensure adherence to the inclusion and exclusion criteria.
- Engage with HCWs/service providers in selected facilities and OSS to ensure real-time documentation in HCV service delivery registers.
- Collect both quantitative and qualitative data from study participants; review data to ensure completeness before sharing to the central server as instructed.
- Demonstrate and guide participants on how to use HCVST kits, support in interpretation of results.
- Review data with supervisor for completeness and send data collected to the appropriate platforms/servers.
- Participate in regular meetings with the study team and document lessons learned and noteworthy discussions.
- Provide daily updates and monthly reports on activities to the study coordinator.
- Work with HCWs/peer navigators/escort trackers to facilitate timely linkage to confirmatory testing and treatment of eligible participants; follow up with study participants by conducting phone calls and/or home visits.
- Ensure confidentiality and data security; ensure that research equipment including data capturing devices are safe and secure.
- Document and inform the study team of any deviation from the protocol, ethical issues during data collection.
- Ability to provide additional research information when required and resolve data inaccuracies/inconsistencies
- Complete and submit reports including data collection tools and completed instruments used during the consultancy
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in Public health, M&E, health sciences research, statistics, biological sciences or any relevant field
- At least two-three years’ experience in research administration or data management for health studies in Nigeria.
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods, data management, data analysis.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with real-time electronic data collection/capturing is compulsory.
- Experience in working and conducting similar projects within one stop shop setting; experience working with PLHIVs and Key populations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Fluency in written English, and spoken English. Fluency in Hausa.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines at short notice.
- Excellent interpersonal skills along with the ability to work independently and with colleagues in a multi-cultural environment
How to apply
Please apply using this link: https://jobs-jhpiego.icims.com/jobs/5510/research-assistant/job
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are advised to apply early.
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Please apply at www.jhpiego.org/careers
Applicants must submit a single document for upload to include: cover letter, resume, and references.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Jhpiego, a Johns Hopkins University affiliate, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, other legally protected characteristics or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Jhpiego promotes Affirmative Action for minorities, women, individuals who are disabled, and veterans.