The USAID-funded Famine Early Warning Systems (FEWS NET) Strategic Planning and Activity Design (SPADe) Support project, a global activity implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (International Development Jobs – Tetra Tech), is currently accepting expressions of interest for the Research Advisor position. This position can be fully remote from a continental US-based location or hybrid/remote within a commutable distance to either one of our office locations in Burlington, VT or Arlington, VA.
The Research Advisor will provide expertise in analytics, research methods, data management, and data visualization to all Work Assignments as needed. The Research Advisor will work alongside BHA technical representatives to specify Work Assignment models and visualizations to quality of deliverables. The position will lead research initiatives, including data synthesis, cleaning, and analysis using appropriate methods such as multivariate regression modeling in R and Stata. The Research Advisor will lead and oversee Work Assignments relating to stakeholder mapping and secondary data analysis. The position will work closely with the Knowledge Management Advisor and Communications Advisor to develop data visualizations, narratives, and presentations to support project communications. The Research Advisor will supervise the Knowledge Management Advisor and two Research Assistants and will report to the Scenario Planning Advisor/ Deputy Technical Manager. This is a full-time position, through 7 April 2026.
* Provide expertise in research methods, interpretation of, reporting on, and disseminating out findings and recommendations to all Work Assignment team leads and/or the Chief of Party as needed. Lead or supervise Work Assignment research activities.
* Synthesize qualitative and quantitative information into full reports such as secondary data analysis reports, country/context desk reviews, and scenario planning reports.
* Identify and apply appropriate research methods and tools for all Work Assignments.
* Coordinate data synthesis, cleaning, and analysis using appropriate methods (e.g., multivariate regression modeling in R and Stata) with Tetra Tech’s DAT Team.
* Lead or supervise Work Assignments related to stakeholder mapping and secondary data analysis.
* Develop the project’s learning agenda and oversee knowledge management initiatives in collaboration with the Knowledge Management Advisor.
* Coordinate with other FEWSNET Task Order holders, especially those responsible for the FEWSNET portal, website, and data analytics to assure best fit integration, data sharing protocols, and harmonization of presentations and visualizations.
* In collaboration with the Knowledge Management Advisor, ensure all pertinent data files are submitted appropriately to the FEWS NET Data Warehouse.
* Master’s degree in data science, statistics, agronomics, or related field;
* Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible international work experience; one or more years of relevant experience in a developing country is desired (service in a volunteer program is considered relevant);
* Advanced skills in quantitative research methods and applied statistics to conduct remote research and/or take advantage of existing data sets for studies or products;
* Advanced skills in relevant data visualization and statistical software and programming languages (i.e. Python, R, Shiny, Power BI, Tableau, ArcGIS, Stata);
* Demonstrated expertise with qualitative methods, and market analysis in a related field, such as food security, market systems, livelihoods, agriculture, and risk assessment;
* Strong written and verbal communication skills in English; proficiency in French, Spanish, Portuguese, or Arabic is preferred;
* Current US work authorization is required at the time of application.
How to apply
To be considered, please submit the following:
* Cover Letter
Please ensure that only the requested documents noted above are submitted. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech International Development is committed to safeguarding and technical excellence in equality and social inclusion. Our team of dedicated Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) advisers work closely with our staff and partners to share international norms and best practices to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalized groups. Tetra Tech International Development is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives that aim to expand inclusion and an authentic sense of belonging to all our staff regardless of background.
We are dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page or contact our Global Talent Operations team. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Pay Transparency Statement:
We are committed to taking a thoughtful, compliant and equitable approach to employment compensation and rate setting. We commit to providing a holistic comprehensive salary analysis, including reviews of individual skill sets and compensable factors related to qualifications, business needs, internal compensation data, and industry and labor market surveys. The anticipated pay range for this position is $100,000 to $140,000 annually.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans employer.